Dog Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She is a greyhound or whippet cross of some sort. Any ideas what she could be mixed with. shes 18kgs and is 7months old...

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Did you see her mother to know for certain she is a sighthound mix? Because she doesn't really resemble one at all. Personally I think she just looks like an "anything" mixed mutt. Possibly some scenthound, possibly shepherd...the answers I'll come up with feel super generic because I'm just picking them out of the air.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I even thought "Boxer" as I scrolled to the bottom photo and only saw the bottoms of her eyes and top of head, but then I finished scrolling and thought "naw". I really don't know, she's just so generic looking....but the coloring on the body really does look collie-ish.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In this pic I definitely see the sight hound in her and she has the real athletic body shape but just not quite as slim.

But here I don't know what I see. I was thinking boxer originally but im not so sure anymore.

She is probably a mixture of a few different things, I was just seeing what other people could come up with so I could google them mixes :)

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
loads of different breeds probbly.
depending on the surroundings I could see some "Farm dog mix" (mixing a herder breed with a heavier breed like one of the Sennenhund breeds, Rottweiler or Bernhardiner seems to be not uncommon overhere) perhaps mixed with some kind of hunting dog.

I think the face reminds be a lot of collies.
the butt makes me think of some slightly heavier build dog though.
It's very likely that she will fill out a bit when she's growing up and will look less "sighthound thin".
dogs can go through weird phases when growing up.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I googled "Collie Boxer mix" and actually found some dogs that look similar to her! She may have another breed as well, because she's not as heavy set as the dogs I found, but she's still young so may fill out. But I was surprised at how similar these dogs look to her!
Cedar Run--Critters (3rd picture down)
Jule (Border Collie, Deutscher Boxer) | Mischling - Mix (They're saying Border Collie Boxer mix)

This one I'm adding because he looks awesome! But they don't know his breed.
http://www.makcophotos.com/p640132556/h1E63B99B#h1e63b99b

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I googled "Collie Boxer mix" and actually found some dogs that look similar to her! She may have another breed as well, because she's not as heavy set as the dogs I found, but she's still young so may fill out. But I was surprised at how similar these dogs look to her!
Cedar Run--Critters (3rd picture down)
Jule (Border Collie, Deutscher Boxer) | Mischling - Mix (They're saying Border Collie Boxer mix)

This one I'm adding because he looks awesome! But they don't know his breed.
Makco Marketing Inc. Photo Events | Elton's Studio Portraits | Photo 19
its funny you should mention a boxer collie mix because that's what our other dog his. We seen both parents, his mum was a boxer and father was a border collie and although they look somewhat similar, she is a lot more slight than he is and her face is totally different in person.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I see some anatolian shepherd in there I think. Both the coloring and the size. Sighthound could account for the much less slight build.

·
Registered
917 Posts
My first thought was anatolian shepherd, but I don't know how common they are around you. About the build, my boy Vegas has a very slim build like her, but he is a lab/english pointer mix.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Anatolian shepherds wouldn't be all that common where I am. I would be quite knowledgeable with my dog breeds but I can say I have never heard of these and after looking them up, they are a LOT bigger than she is. She isn't all that big really. Knee height at the moment so im guessing she might grow about another inch or so and then start to fill out..

·
Registered
669 Posts
that coloring happens in whippets sometimes- fawn, black mask, white markings:
https://www.google.com/search?q=black+mask+fawn+whippet+with+white&sa=X&biw=1280&bih=672&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&ved=0ahUKEwiax66bo5bMAhVO0GMKHd72B4oQsAQIHA

I too see a lot of whippet in the build, ear set, size sounds right and even color. Maybe she's whippet mixed with a generic medium sized, light colored mutt? I just don't see another breed that seems to stand out in her. I would say maybe shephrerd/lab/whippet but she's so small for that. I was thinking maybe boxer but her face is so long.

·
Registered
6 Posts
She is gorgeous!!! :) Anyway to find out what she really is like through blood tests?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
that coloring happens in whippets sometimes- fawn, black mask, white markings:
https://www.google.com/search?q=black+mask+fawn+whippet+with+white&sa=X&biw=1280&bih=672&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&ved=0ahUKEwiax66bo5bMAhVO0GMKHd72B4oQsAQIHA

I too see a lot of whippet in the build, ear set, size sounds right and even color. Maybe she's whippet mixed with a generic medium sized, light colored mutt? I just don't see another breed that seems to stand out in her. I would say maybe shephrerd/lab/whippet but she's so small for that. I was thinking maybe boxer but her face is so long.
Yeh I see more whippet than greyhound because of her size and im guessing she is crossed with some sort of mutt aswel. Whoever both parents were they done a great job haha - prettiest little lady!
I would love to get the blood tests done just out of curiosity but I don't know how reliable they are and for €100 I think il just keep it as a mystery :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just got picture of Lexis brother from an online site. He is still looking for a home, poor little man.

I though a pic of him might help us figure out what breed Lexi might be. His colouring suggests boxer to me but I don't see any boxer in Lexi at all.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
65 Posts
I know that Whippets can have brindle coloring so that could be where that came from since you suspect sighthound.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts