Dog Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We recently adopted a dog on Saturday who we were told was a Corgi x Golden Retriever mix. However upon her being transported to us and us seeing her we have some doubts. There is no doubt that she is corgi; however, she is only 25 lbs and we have trouble seeing the golden. When looking online at corgi mixes we can see some Sheltie in her and maybe even (we hope not) some red border collie. What do you guys think?

Attachments

·
Registered
9,599 Posts
Maybc inbe corgi/pom. Such a beautiful color.
Even if there is some BC in her, does it really matter. She is a beauty and much happiness with her.

And Welcome to our little family at Dog Forum. Any questions do not hesitate to ask, we will help with great advice.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's really nothing wrong with her having BC, we just have a small yard/house so there would be exercise issues.

Thank you for the welcome!

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
There are parks and just walking around your neighborhood for exercise. Dogs don't get exercise in a yard anyway. She is beautiful.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Honestly, I see more BC than Corgi. The only thing about her that reminds me of a Pembroke Corgi is her coloring. I think the chances are better that she has BC and Sheltie in her mix. She looks like a real sweetheart, as well as being beautiful.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's what we were afraid of lol. Not that it matters, we're very attached and she actually seems relatively low energy and other then being scared she's very calm.

Anyone else have any other suggestions?

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
I was going to say there might be some shelti in there but SueM beat me too it : )

They probably got the golden bit from the coloring and the feathers on the back of the legs and the way the tail has that bit of white on it. My golden retriever's back legs and tail look a lot like that...but other than that, I'm not seeing any golden retriever in that dog...especially if at 25 pounds.

She's very pretty. Congrats upon adopting a dog.

Please give your dog several weeks to a month or two to adjust. There might be some indoor accidents...even though she could be potty trained.

This comes from stress and what ever you do....please don't scold her for it...that just adds to the stress and can make things worse . Again, even house-trained dogs under stress do stuff like that, and while they might not be showing obvious signs of stress...there could be some there and it could last, as I said from 2 weeks going into a few months, depending upon the dog.

Just quietly clean up the mess...and try to get her use to a routine of going out about the same time each day.

Stormy

·
Registered
406 Posts
I was going to say there might be some shelti in there but SueM beat me too it : )...
Great minds think alike. ;)

They probably got the golden bit from the coloring and the feathers on the back of the legs and the way the tail has that bit of white on it...
My guess would be the color because something labeled as a Golden (or Lab) mix has a better chance of getting adopted . Which infuriates me, because, a lot of times, the dog ends up being returned when it doesn't act like what the shelter/rescue said it was mixed with.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts