Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rescued Josie, my little sweetie mutt, from the animal shelter just over two years ago. They told us she was Schipperke/mix, which I think is very accurate. Her appearance and mannerisms very much replicate that of a Schipperke. But I'm curious to know what you guys think she might be as well as that.

She is 15 lbs, a small dog but tall for a small dog. We had the Wisdom Panel done and it told us she was 75% Pomeranian with some Plott Hound and Cesky Terrier in there. Yeah . . . Very inaccurate. It's possible she has SOME Pomeranian in her, but they didn't even detect Schipperke at all! :eyeroll:

Here's some pictures of what she looks like! Let me know what you think! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Other than being black and having pointy ears, which are pretty common traits in many breeds, I don't really see schipperke at all. They're pretty rare as well (though that depends on the area you're in).

Looking at the pictures you posted, possibly chihuahua and/or terrier (but not Cesky- maybe more along the lines of JRT or rat terrier) come to mind.

Pomeranian could be possible but I wouldn't have guessed it just from the pictures. I would believe it if you told me though.

She's probably a mix of multiple breeds- more than just two. Maybe even all of the above! Or none of the above. I've noticed with DNA tests, the more breeds are mixed in the less accurate the tests seem to be. They seem to be more accurate if there's only 2 or 3 breeds in the dog's history.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts