Dog Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The old owner said gsp/ Great Pyrenees mix, but it's not big enough for that. Any help would be much appreciated! He's super soft and not wiry at all. I only have the one pic this far, so please post your best guess. Thanks so much!!!! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Way to early to tell at that age - dogs keep changing shape and form until they are about 18 months.

That being said, I see border collie puppy (but then, I see border collie in a lot of things). Did the old owner actually see the parents?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sal--

Don't think so. I think the owner or whomever she rescued him from said gp and gsp. Not 100% sure though. I've been googling a ton of mixes hoping he's got a lot of gsp in him because that's what I truly want. But I'm just afrai he will end up being a tiny dog and I want at least a 40 pounder

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Sal--

Don't think so. I think the owner or whomever she rescued him from said gp and gsp. Not 100% sure though. I've been googling a ton of mixes hoping he's got a lot of gsp in him because that's what I truly want. But I'm just afrai he will end up being a tiny dog and I want at least a 40 pounder
And that's why you don't adopt puppies if you have specific needs/preferences.

Even if he is a border collie mix, most bcs are around 35-45 lbs. That being said, anything piebald looks like a bc at that age.

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
Yup too young to tell at this point. I could go with either BC or GSP...Like @amaryllis said though, anything that's piebald like that tends to look BC when they're young.

Breed traits aren't always evident at such a young age...As puppies grow, their heads and bodies sometimes develop a lot. Their face and ears can change drastically, and they might not show breed traits until they near adolescence.

Whatever she is, she's very cute! Would love to keep seeing photos as she grows and matures :)

I do hope she grows up to be what you want...But even if she doesn't, I'm sure you'll still love her anyway.

·
Registered
470 Posts
He's gonna be a big boy, don't worry. That is one cute but big puppy

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
I thought catahoula too but could be cattle dog...would love to see full body pics...way too young to determine breed for sure I think.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks, everyone!!! I will post pictures when I get home from my trip and get to see my baby for the first time! <3 I am beyond excited!

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
Yeah if he's 13 pounds already, I think there's a good chance he'll be around 40-50 pounds as an adult. My BC is 33 pounds and was a pretty small pup. I think he only weighed about 9 pounds at that age. My GSD was close to 20 at 2 months old and she maxed out around 80 pounds.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts