Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my girlfriend and I got a new puppy from the shelter about a month ago. We initially thought he was a Black Mouth Cur. However, the vet said that he looked more like a Great Dane/Pit Bull mix. He said that the reason he didn't think he was a BMC was because BMC's usually have a black mouth whose coloring extends to the inside of the mouth. Our puppy's mouth is pink on the inside. I'm starting to see more pit bull in him every week. But I'm not sure what he is mixed with. Any help you guys can offer is appreciated.

*Note: The pictures posted show him at various ages. We adopted him at 2.5 months and he is now about 3.5 months.

What are his possible breed mixtures?

What do you think could be his potential adult size? (Current Size: 26 lbs x 17.25" Tall @ 3.5 months)

Attachments

·
Registered
876 Posts
I do see some pit bull in there! But he has a wider muzzle than I usually associate with pits, it honestly looks a little 'meat mouth' shar-peilike to me. What does his fur feel like? Stiff and bristly, soft and flexible?

As a pure hazarded guess I'm gonna say he's going to be about a 65-70 pound dog grown up, based on our lab pups who were about that weight at about that age, that grew to about that size.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Dane possibly. Any "pit bull" type bully breed (APBT or AmStaff)? No. Not really. Could be the potential Dane, but his face is way too "floppy" to be any sort of "pit". American Pit Bull Terriers and AmStaffs have tight-drawn skin around their faces. He looks very much like a possible Dane crossed with Shepherd.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts