Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know my dog is definitely terrier, but he looks like a norwhich terrier / dachshund mix but i have no clue can someone tell me so i don't have to get a dna test thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Hi farazfaisal,

With a dog of that kind, I suggest you just make up a good sounding name and add "terrier" on the end.
One way to do that is take the name of where you live, add an activity (swimming, hunting) or a description (wire-haired, ridgeback, smooth-coated) and then the word "terrier"
For instance, " A Louisiana hunting terrier".

That's what I did with mine and ended up calling him a very official sounding fake name that some people actually fall for.
(then I laugh, of course)
Could be Norwich in your dog, and those dogs are almost as cute as your dog is, but you may never know.

The main thing is that you have an almost terminally cute dog. I have spent the past 9 years with a dog of that same fine terrier type, also with the same cute alertness, and he's wonderful. I bet yours will be too. He's got that look to him. If you get tired of him, send him my way. ;)

PS...DNA tests for dogs are still very new and notoriously unreliable. but maybe in a few years they will be better and you can find out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts