Dog Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,732 Posts
It's hard to tell from that photo. It would help if you got a side view shot of his standing.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I think you could well be right with your guess of chi x dachsund. Though his ears a quite small - maybe a dash of Jack Russell too? I hope you don't mind me saying but he looks to be on the tubby side... but they do say that photos can add on the pounds!

·
Super Moderator
10,732 Posts
Going by the head shape, body length, and what I can see of the chest I think you might be right about her being a Dach x Chi. The thing about them is that one can look vastly different from the other. Here's a picture of mine, he has the chest of a Dach, his muzzle length is longer from the Dach, and he's barrel chested like a Dach. He has longer legs like a Chi, Chi ears, and Chi head shape. I know for a fact that his mother was a full blood Dach, but from what I was told his dad was a Chi who got over the fence and I've no idea if he was full blood or not.

Attachments

·
Registered
197 Posts
Definitely could be a Chihuahua and Dachshund mix, like you said. However, he looks very overweight, are you aware of that? Do you work on it? Just wanted to enlighten you, if you weren’t aware of it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts