Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Hi everyone ,

I recently adopted a German Shepherd from Russia and is arriving here in the U.S this weekend ! He's so unique looking not your typical GSD. Not sure if he's a purebred or what and neither does the rescue. A lot of people seem to think he is but he only weighs 48lbs and he's 1.5 years old. What do you guys think?

Sochidogs.org/Jerry ..... Check here for photos of him

·
Registered
811 Posts
Can't see any pictures so can't tell you. Before you edited your post the link took me to a dog rescue website. Now there is no link...

·
Registered
662 Posts
Your link took me to their main page; I had to look through the pictues of their dogs to find him. Maybe this will work:
Jerry — Sochi Dogs

I would tend towards him not being full GSD because of both his size and his stance- his coloring is very GSD but his proportions just don't look right to me, especially his topline. If I really had to guess, though, I would say mutt with a lot of GSD influence.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for posting a better link ! I was unable to upload it properly using the mobile version of the site ...

Yeah, he definitely has a ton of GSD influence but I have seriously done a lot of research and cannot find another dog that looks like him. Very unique... Wish I knew his mix!

·
Registered
260 Posts
He is super cute!! His face reminds me of my GSD mix rocky except rockys ears didn't stand up all the way. Have you looked up common breeds in Russia to see if he resembles any of them?
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He is super cute!! His face reminds me of my GSD mix rocky except rockys ears didn't stand up all the way. Have you looked up common breeds in Russia to see if he resembles any of them?
Posted via Mobile Device
I can't tell you how much research I have done to try and figure out what breed my dog is lol ! No dog resembles him the slightest bit ! I also read that Eastern German shepherds bred over in Russia are usually large ... Where mine is only 48lbs. Russia also feeds him a raw diet since they do not carry dog food like we do here. Maybe he just needs to gain a couple pounds ? He arrives this weekend ! Cannot wait to bring him home!

·
Registered
911 Posts
Raw diet is great, and raw fed dogs normally have more muscle mass than kibble fed dogs. Kibble will add more fat to the dog.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.