Dog Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What breed do you think my puppy is? We just rescued Merlin on Valentine's Day. We were thinking that his body looks a bit like a cocker spaniels (he was matted terribly so had to be shaved) but his face looks like maybe a wheaten terrier or otterhound (otterhounds are very rare so I doubt he has any in him). He is very playful & extremely sweet to all of us even my 1 year old son not to mention my cat & small dog. He's only 22 pounds & by the way he acts & his teeth we believe he's not yet a year old. Let me know your thoughts, would love to get some ideas. I'm going to ask the vet this weekend & see if they have any clue.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah! A couple people have told me that he is probably some sort of doodle. I have yet to see what the fur on his body is like so can't really go by that but his facial hair and the hair on his tail are both very straight and long so that throws me off a bit. He's also pretty small so maybe it was a mini poodle with a golden Retriver... I hope to find out soon! Thank you for your response

Attachments

·
Registered
405 Posts
I was thinking cockapoo (Cocker Spaniel/Poodle mix) as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
He looks like a little like a shih tzu/poodle mix. Does his tail curl up over his body? I have a dog that looks very similar who is a mix of those two . . . . same color even.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
I will also say there's a very high change of some sort of poodle mix. Golden and Cocker are also definite possibilities as well. I love the name Merlin!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts