Dog Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What breed is my dog? (Pictures Including)

Hello,
I have been torn as to what breed my boy is mixed with, I was told he is border collie mix but whenever I see a border collie their dominant features do not match his. I came across a Duck Tolling Retriever and his facial features and characteristics seem to fit more with that breed. Any ideas?

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
Looks more like a spaniel type than Border Collie, although that could be in the mix. Do you have a standing side photo?

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
I was thinking an aussie mix or nova scotia duck toller. Do you have any side pictures of him standing?

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Do you have one a little closer at less of an angle? Its a little hard to make out his features and build from that angle and distance. Has he been shaved or is it just the picture that's making my think his hair is shorter in some of the pics? I would say he is deffinitly a mix though.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
I wonder if he's aussieXtoller, its not a common cross but theres always a chance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've had a few people say Aussie also but when I saw a picture of a toller I really started questioning if he might be mixed with one. I plan on doing a dna test just for fun, his personality and traits are similar to Aussie, Toller and even Collie.
Thanks so much for your input guys :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts