Dog Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi dog lovers, meet Chloe ! I’ve had this sweet girl since she was 9 wks. old (also have that picture). In this photo, she was about 5 mo. old basically and I still have yet to know what breed she could be ? She has a white coat with a beige spot on her back and others near the facial area. I also have images of her parents as well if you would like to see. Please assist me if you can ! It would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here is an image of her parents. The dad (bottom pic) is said to be a shepard - boxer mix while the mom (top pic) is definitely of a pit mix.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Well, then that means she’s half pit, 1/4 boxer and 1/4 shepherd.
Not so simple.
Mom is pit mix, dad is "said to be" boxer and shepherd...
So that means the dog is a mixed breed and we don't really know what all the elements are.

To the OP.....
Since you are in the US, and there is such unreasonable prejudice against pit mixes in this country, it might be wise, if people ask you what your dog is, not to mention the pit aspect. Say, perhaps, "boxer and shepherd".

It wouldn't be a lie, and the dog could easily be those two breeds together with no pit bull. People have poor reactions to pit bulls much of the time, and some places won't let you rent with one, and some cities have even banned them. I thoroughly disagree with these breed bans, but they're a reality. If you tell the vet he's boxer and shepherd, that will go on his record, if you tell that to the microchip company, that goes on records, and so on. This is what I would do if I had a dog that had pit in him, but didn't really look like a pure pit bull, as your dog doesn't, just because it potentially would make things easier for me and the dog.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts