Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently had a shih tzu that had 5 puppies with a cock-a-poo, can anyone tell me what is the name of that mixed breed?
I am also planning to sell these puppies, how much do these kind of puppies cost? or give me an estimate at how much I should charge..thanks

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
It is called a mutt, mixed breed or Shih Tzu/Poodle/Cocker mix.

I would pay like $50 (if I wanted that sort of mix, but don't). $150 might even be reasonable. You would have to check your area. I've seen some poodle mixes and shih tzu/poodle mixes for free. So you will have to check your location. There is things to consider like pre natal care, aftercare for mom, plus vet care for the pups and feeding them all those added expenses. I'm sure smaller pups eat a lot less then larger ones typically. Possibly putting money towards getting mom spayed too.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I would also say $25 to 50 just so they don't end up in a research lab or as snake food. But they are mutts, don't give them some fancy name, designer breeds are just mutts and the people who produce them don't care about dogs, they are only after the money. Just say they are a cross between the three breeds and sell them to a nice pet home where they will be loved.

May I also suggest that you think about getting your girl fixed so there are no more accidents? There are too many puppys and dogs being put down everyday because there are not enough owners for them.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I suggest you actually specify the three different breeds when you sell the puppies. People like to know what kind of dog they are getting. Is it going to be large? Could it become aggressive? Will it shed? Those are all questions that can be answered (somewhat) by specifying the dog's heritage.

I also suggest you spay your dog. Our little min-pin mix is the offspring of an accidental breeding and she was a stray when we rescued her. She had at the time already been passed between several different homes but because she was still a puppy, she chewed and peed and shredded her way into homelessness. When we first got her, she was so people-shy that she wouldn't even come to us. She did not trust people at all. She was lucky that we found her, but I know for a fact that if we had not, she would eventually have been put down. I know that's not the future anyone wants for their precious little dog's puppies.

In several states there are low-cost spay and neuter programs. You can find more information at SPAY-USA.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts