Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! So a year ago I adopted the most sweetest baby ever! But I've been trying to figure out his breed. On his adoption paper it said terrier mix, I'm not sure about it. Any help?

·
Registered
612 Posts
The size of him and some characteristics, like the eyes and the general form of the head, would suggest a chihuahua mix.

The ears are highly suggestive of a terrier.

I can't place the markings although the eyebrows would suggest some kind of hound.

I would say that you are not looking at a "breed" but a mix of several (many) breeds. The only thing that you can really say from appearances is that he definitely has some terrier in him.

In that sense I would agree with the adoption papers.

If it were my dog I would describe it as a "kitchen sink". To be clear, that takes absolutely nothing away from how loving, affectionate and "perfect" he is as a dog!

If it really matters to you then you will need to get a DNA analysis. From the pictures, he looks like a playful and affectionate dog. I would personally leave it at that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The size of him and some characteristics, like the eyes and the general form of the head, would suggest a chihuahua mix.

The ears are highly suggestive of a terrier.

I can't place the markings although the eyebrows would suggest some kind of hound.

I would say that you are not looking at a "breed" but a mix of several (many) breeds. The only thing that you can really say from appearances is that he definitely has some terrier in him.

In that sense I would agree with the adoption papers.

If it were my dog I would describe it as a "kitchen sink". To be clear, that takes absolutely nothing away from how loving, affectionate and "perfect" he is as a dog!

If it really matters to you then you will need to get a DNA analysis. From the pictures, he looks like a playful and affectionate dog. I would personally leave it at that.
Yes I agree that he is definitely a Chihuahua terrier type of mix, a very lazy one too. 😁

1 - 3 of 3 Posts