Dog Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I got Pax, I was told the father was a border collie and the mother was a lab/shepherd mix. I was also told he'd mature to around 45lbs. He's now a year old at 80lbs even and I'm definitely doubting that mix... I've gotten anywhere from pointer to dalmatian from people. What do you think?

Attachments

·
Registered
917 Posts
I can see the lab, and maybe catahoula leopard dog. That last pic reminds me of Freyja, she is a Great Dane. He is a very handsome dog.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Even before I read your description, I saw your picture and immediately thought border collie and lab. With mixed breed dogs, the sizes can always a be a little unpredictable. With lab/shepherd thrown in the mix, I don't think it is particularly unusual for a dog to get to 80 lbs. Whatever he is though, he's a handsome boy!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I want to get him DNA tested but I actually think he's gotta have GSD or Lab because he has guarding tenancies and a tail like a GSD and he's really into retrieving lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
the markings around is eye almost look like a rottweiler. however, these could just be markings, and he could have absolutely no rottweiler in him at all! I agree with the Lab. He is a beautiful dog though!!!

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
I see some herder...perhaps Schäfi or Collie (short hair Collie).
perhaps also some kind of Molosser breed, but some labradors can also have pretty broad head and nose so I wouldn rule out the Lab.
probably a multi-generation mix.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts