Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

I adopted her from the shelter and was told she was a black mouth cur mix. Then the vet told me she was a pit bull mix. A vet tech swears she's boxer mix and another person assures me she's a mastiff.

She is only 3 months old but 15 pounds.

I'll be honest I have no idea what she is, I'm 100% certain she's a mix of all different breeds and I love her regardless. Just asking for the fun of it :)

-Thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
As far as the AKC is concerned, she's the exact same breed as my 6 lb terrier mix: an "All-American"

Our dogs are eligible to compete in pretty much any dog sport that a purebred can, such as Obedience, Rally-O, Agility, etc.

I have other priorities than doggy DNA tests too, but have been advised not to obsess too much about what Laurel looks like and what breeds I was told she was. She's a great dog, but I can't "clone" her because so much of her temperament has to do with environmental factors.

That said, your sweetie sure does look like a blackmouth mix to my uneducated eyes so I would definitely just go with "The shelter told me...." as far as landlords and any pibble-haters are concerned. I'd have to know something about her personality to have any sort of opinion, but if your vet is right, your vet tech is also right in that Pit Bull mixes do look a lot like Boxers and sometimes Mastiffs as well.

She's a mutt. She's a mongrel. Her appearance may or may not get you a "get out of jail free" card for some really nasty breed prejudice that has little basis in fact.

Congratulations on your new baby even if I am way off base about the Pittie blood.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you

Thank you. I'm guessing she could be all different. Her poor mumma was dumped in a neighborhood heavily pregnant. They said she was a black lab mix. Unsure what she was mixed with and unsure about dad.

·
Registered
2 Posts
What Breed is Mustard?

Hi just wondering if anyone has any ideas to what breed my new dog is... he’s called Mustard I know great name isn’t it.. he’s 4 months old and has massive paws! I was told at the rescue centre he is a staffy cross... his paws say otherwise as they are bigger than my full staffs (Marley) paws and she is 8 in a few weeks. I have lab cross in my head... a few people I know keep trying to wind me up saying he’s cross Great Dane what do you think??

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts