Dog Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!!! So I rescued my sweet little Dixie a month ago. I have still to determine her age & her breed. The day I got her they said she was 14 lbs & 12-15 weeks old. I took her to the vet the next day & he said she was a lot older than that due to she has all her adult teeth! They're just not fully down/out like ours are. Sooo here we are a month later & now she's 21lbs & a few different vets are saying anywhere between 4-7 months old but I feel like that's a huge difference!? As far as breed. They told me she's a Lab Mix & that she did have some Pitbull in her. I think that's why vets say she's younger cuz she's tiny for a lab & pit. Her eyes look something else though. Sooo HELP PLEASE!!!!! I just wanna semi know what she might be!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
I'm too lazy google to the weight...american weight units confuse me.
But some pitbull mixes are pretty tiny and I could see both Pit and Lab in her.
a lot of bully breeds are also much lighter in their adolescent years and fill out with muscles and weight later, when they're around 2-3 years.

nothing to go nuts about... she looks pretty cute regardless of the breed mix. ;)

Reactions: purplesully

·
Registered
69 Posts
Roughly 6.5 kilo. I always just divide pounds by 2.2 to get a rough kilo estimate lol.

I totally stink at guessing breeds. I always say if it matters that much look into DNA testing. Plus I always find the results pretty fascinating. On another forum there was a person that had a Rott x St.Bernard. Totally couldn't tell by the the way the dog looked lol. DNA results were pretty cool to see, if only for a ruff idea and entertainment value.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Very cute puppy. I think Pit & Lab isn't a bad guess but maybe she is a pure bred Pit or Pit mixed with a smaller breed.
Around 4-6 months they usually start to lose their teeth. The shelter estimate was about 3-4 months old. A month later would be 4-5 months and the vets are saying 4-7 months old. It is only a little bit of difference.
The attached pics the one with rib bone 4 months old the other 2 photos 5 months old

Attachments

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Definitely some sort of bully breed like Pit. There are many small Pits I see, around 35 lbs. If that was mixed with a Lab I could see the result being something like this, but it's hard to tell sometimes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone. Sorry I'm new to this and have no idea how to start my own thread. We bought a Pomeranian puppy last week, and we are really starting to doubt that she's a pure Pomeranian we are convinced she's a cross breed maybe a jack Russell X Pom ! Obviously we love her no matter what but we feel a bit ripped off ! I need to get some photos on for you to see but I don't know how !! Please help !! Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Definitely some sort of bully breed like Pit. There are many small Pits I see, around 35 lbs. If that was mixed with a Lab I could see the result being something like this, but it's hard to tell sometimes.
Very true. The male I posted is now a year old and 34lbs. I don't think everyone realizes that they are not giant dogs.

·
Registered
880 Posts
She resembles a Labrador/Staffordshire Bull Terrier that I know she is full grown at 4 years old now and weights in at 40lbs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts