Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there. Just curious what breed you think my pups parents are. I was told his mom is a Belgian Malinois and I believe it. If you google brindle belgian Malinois the dogs are identical to her. But I'm not sure about his dad. His dad I was told is a lab / retriever but I think he looks maybe lab / hound. What do you guys think? Thanks in advance! :)

PS the black and white pup is my pup.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
How old is ur pup? He looks looks still young. Until a pup reaches six or more months we can give u an accurate guess. Most puppies under six month old all look somewhat alike.

I would say the lab part is probably a good guess. Could also be pitty as well.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Lab/hound sounds about right. And the mom might be that or a Dutch Shepherd. However, I notice all the puppies are white at birth and then black and white ticked...like a Cattle Dog or something. So it's possible that might not be the dad? Or there are just other breeds mixed in there that would cause that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your replys. Yeah my pup is only 8 weeks thats why I posted a picture of his parents so I could hopefully find out what they are. The girl only had those two dogs so i'm pretty positive that’s his dad. All the white pups ended up looking like the dad. I am pretty curious so I think I will get a dna test done. Alot of people ask if he is a heeler and I could definitely see that in him.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Litters can have multiple fathers. I don't see anything in that yellow dog that would suggest a cause for the ticking your dog has. I suspect your dog's father is a cattle dog or some other ticked breed and not the yellow dog (who looks about 3/4 yellow lab and 1/4 hound).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay I completetly agree. The only reason I could see him being the father is because my pups ears are simeilar to his. The lady told me that the mom dog likes to jump the fence and intimidate the neighbours dogs so I guess there is a good chance that’s not his dad. Thanks again :)

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Yeah, you did agree with her but unless the female was totally confined to the house it's very likely she had some other boyfriends on the side. If you dog looks different from his siblings it's very likely they're only his half siblings.

·
Registered
101 Posts
He looks like he probably has cattle dog in him, that's what I thought when I saw him.
Also his ears might stand up when he gets older, he's still young so they might just be floppy now, but it does depend on the dog too.
He's adorable though c:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.