Dog Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was a dog I used to own, Jinx. He was a stray that came to town and I adopted him. He had some chow in him because he had purple on his tounge. He was an agressive dog, which could be to contributed to whatever happened to him before I got him. He would bite people if they were afraid of them. He was easily the most loyal dog I've ever owned though, the dog loved me more than anything. He was very fluffy, with an undercoat and long hair top coat. He was also only a medium sized dog. But I've always wondered what he was. He died of cancer 2 years ago. The last picture was taken not long before he died, it's mainly just so you can see his face.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
Just so you know the purple/black tongue meaning there is chow is false ;) I have a border collie/lab mix with a spotted tongue
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
145 Posts
Just so you know the purple/black tongue meaning there is chow is false ;) I have a border collie/lab mix with a spotted tongue
Posted via Mobile Device
It depends though. Purple/black on the tounge is also like a birth mark on a dog but if the whole tounge is purple/black or the majority is it usually means they are mixed with a breed with that characteristic. At least thats what Ive heard. My girl Dakota had just patches of black when she was little now theres bairly any pink left the rest is black.

Either way that dog does look like its got some chow lol.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Do you have any more pictures? full body shots?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like GSD/Chow mix to me.
That was always my guess, as well as the vets. I've just never been sure, he almost looked like a purebred, don't know what though except maybe a spitz. But he had purple spots on his tounge. He was an interesting looking mutt.

·
Registered
150 Posts
finnish lapphund mix?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Color aside, I see an Akita X Chow. But the coat look like a German Shepherd, conformation wise not so much. (at least not a 50/50 mix)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts