Dog Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Aly and this is our new pup Zoey. We got her at 4 mths and she is now 6mths. She's been incredibly smart and picked up everything so quickly. She also loves water...she may be mixed with duck... :rolleyes:
We were told she is several different things but recently the German Kennel Association told us she looks very much to be a Hovawart. We've been told by others she resembles everything from german shepherd, to australian shepherd, rottweiler, collie and recently we've even been told doberman.

None of these breeds, esspecially the last one look like her. Just curious on your opinion. :) Thanks!

Here she is from 4 mths to 6mths. ZOEY pictures by Gemini2984 - Photobucket

·
Registered
103 Posts
possibly several but my guess from looking at conformation( the way her back slopes downward from front to end), coat and her face I am going to go with a couple GSD and Aussie being dominant but I don't see any setter in her either.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Based on my own experiences, I'd guess australian shep/collie cross with the australian shep being the prevailing breed. I don't see GSD as an overwhelming contribution but definite possibility of being mixed in there some as well. No rottie at all though. Her coloring reminded me of a Gordon Setter but that was it. Seems there is most likely a combination of several breeds.

She is a very pretty girl! Congrats!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Your dog appears to carry a lot of Hovawart. Could not be sure if purebred but markings and body shape all appear to be. Could be crossed with another breed but I am going with the Hovawart.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts