Dog Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a visit to the shelter, my family adopted Storm when they estimated she was about 5-6 weeks old. She is a beautiful sand/golden color, ladrador-like coat, and has heterochromia (one brown eye, one blue eye). We've now had her for 4 months, and at an estimated 5 months old she is 27 pounds and about 18 inches tall. The vet believes she'll be quite a big girl. She is very playful, athletic, great with children and social with other dogs.

She is now housebroken, and has not been destructive to furniture or plants. A sweet dog. But has been hard to teach commands.

Any suggestions or comments on her possible breeds or takes on her behavior/temperament would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
Looks like maybe Golden retriever and Aussie. Try Clicker training. It may define the behavior you want and make it easier for your dog to understand.

·
Registered
9,599 Posts
I think Husky/Golden. Cute little pup! Many happy years together.

If I didn't welcome you to Dog Forum before, a big welcome.

·
Registered
888 Posts
GoldenX came to my mind too! She is totally beautiful, congratulations:)

·
Registered
133 Posts
My guess is also Golden/Assie

I had a golden/assie mix named haylee. There are quite a few simularities between her and your new pup. Also assiues are known for the blue eyes.

here is a pic of haylee. I don't have any baby pics of her on my computer but as a puppy she was all white and darkened up as she got older.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,240 Posts
My guess is with Golden x Aussie, but it's hard to tell til she is full grown. Very cute though!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Only a genetic test would be any where close to accurate. I have been researching breed identification and in mixed breed dogs it is very difficult to tell what the breed mix is. Your pup could be a mix of every breed that has been suggested. Everyone should always remember that a mixed breed dog is not always a cross between two pure bred dogs although that would make it so much easier if they were. Also it has been mentioned that it would be easier to tell the breed mix when your dog is full grown and I would have to second that. Regardless, that is one super cute pup.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts