Dog Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Any suggestions on her breed? I'm lost for ideas.
She is 6 months old , weighs around 30kgs.

Some kind of pointer or greyhound?
Maybe some doberman?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Looks like my Mimi except that mine is 16 months old and weights 19 kilos. She also seems to resemble a Pointer/Whippet/boxer... I am thinking of sending in for her DNA to be tested. Then we will know for sure. You might like to do the same.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
can i see a pic of your dog???
what breed is it?
though it sounds tiny compare to mine.
i cant see boxer in mine.
some people called her a bullarab

·
Registered
91 Posts
Don't know how to post a picture on here... can you help? Otherwise see the album of photos where I have uploaded several of Mimi's photos. Could yours be X with an American Bulldog? This is what we thought Mimi had as well as although a miniature one!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yes we get that a lot!! Although a lady who breeds pointers said she swears that she has pointer in her. We'll see. Wait for the DNA results. Will let you know.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Mimi has a VERY keen sense of smell. She can smell a tennis ball laying on the sea bed and puts her head under to get it!! She knows when we are on our way to the beach and starts screaming her head off at around two kilometres ahead of our destination. She knows her way to the Park... etc.. she chases ducks and birds.. I think she was born to hunt!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
excuse me mimi. I think this is my thread asking questions about my dog.
would you mind opening your own thread about your cute thing.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Sorry Cleopatra. Didn't mean to. I get carried away with enthusiasm.. Does your Vet have any idea what breed your dog is? Some Great Danes are shy. Could be that. American Bulldogs are rather boisterous.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My conclusion is that she has dane in her, but either one of her parents were pure breed so DNA test won't do much. I think DNA test is only good for testing hybrid dogs.

·
Registered
91 Posts
DNA ID tests are primarily for non pedigree dogs, that is correct, however, owners of pedigree dogs without papers can use these tests to confirm breed make-up. :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.