Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Looks like my Mimi except that mine is 16 months old and weights 19 kilos. She also seems to resemble a Pointer/Whippet/boxer... I am thinking of sending in for her DNA to be tested. Then we will know for sure. You might like to do the same.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Don't know how to post a picture on here... can you help? Otherwise see the album of photos where I have uploaded several of Mimi's photos. Could yours be X with an American Bulldog? This is what we thought Mimi had as well as although a miniature one!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Mimi has a VERY keen sense of smell. She can smell a tennis ball laying on the sea bed and puts her head under to get it!! She knows when we are on our way to the beach and starts screaming her head off at around two kilometres ahead of our destination. She knows her way to the Park... etc.. she chases ducks and birds.. I think she was born to hunt!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Sorry Cleopatra. Didn't mean to. I get carried away with enthusiasm.. Does your Vet have any idea what breed your dog is? Some Great Danes are shy. Could be that. American Bulldogs are rather boisterous.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My conclusion is that she has dane in her, but either one of her parents were pure breed so DNA test won't do much. I think DNA test is only good for testing hybrid dogs.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.