Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Links would be so helpful, but I can probably find it if you give a name/description :) It's Theo's birthday soon and I want to get him some presents!

·
Premium Member
4,599 Posts
My dogs go bananas for anything with real fur on it, particularly on tug toys. We have this one, and it is a crowd favourite. We also have a couple milkers, which are a big hit since they REEK like a barn. :)

Reactions: srelizabeth

·
Premium Member
9,197 Posts
Forbes doesn't really know how to play with toys, so the only things he will touch are chuck it balls (he throws them for himself) and nylabones. Roxie will carry around other toys, but her favorites are her chuck it cube (Thanks @kmes), he chuck it round bumper, chuck it balls, and nylabones. We have a few stuffed toys that will get dug out of the basket every so often, but really it's a few main hits. Oh and Roxie LOVE soft baseballs. Seriously loose our mind loves. But she only gets those outside.

·
Premium Member
4,599 Posts
Forbes doesn't really know how to play with toys, so the only things he will touch are chuck it balls.
Levi also really like Chuck it balls. I think they are the right amount of tough/chewy.

Reactions: jclark343

·
Premium Member
9,197 Posts
Levi also really like Chuck it balls. I think they are the right amount of tough/chewy.
Honestly, Chuck it anything is amazing. Love the brand.

·
Premium Member
4,599 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions guys!
@Shandula - when you say reeks like a barn, you don't mean manure do you? >.>
No...just barny. :p it's from the inside of a milking machine, so it definitely has some odour :)

·
Premium Member
7,969 Posts
Aspen loves tennis balls. I buy a dozen when they're on sale. This is weird but she also loves the heads of stuffed animals... I buy her the Kong brand stuffed animals and she'll work to get the head off, pull out the stuffing and then she'll carry the head around. :eyeroll: She's fairly rough on her toys so I just buy a bunch when they're on sale and rotate them through. She also loves the Kong Binkies from Amazon.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Okay, I think I'll try it out then! If it's too much stand it can be an outside toy haha

Aspen, I'm literally LOLing at the thought of your dog carrying around dismembered heads xD I'm not sure if she'd like them, but while at the pet store yesterday I came across soft animal toys with no stuffing.

This is what I ended up getting Theo. I spent only $22 on the hull! His birthday isn't for another month, but I had an itch that needed to be scratched lol. He'll just get a pupcake and 1 toy on his actual birthday.

His favorite so far seems to be that little rope. He wanted it while we were still in the store!

(I expect that silly little snake to be done for by tomorrow, but my seven year old sister insisted!)

Keep posting your favorite toys though, keep the ideas flowing! haha

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Everything was PetSmart except that big bear-rope toy in the upper left hand corner. That one was from PetCo, it was 50% off so only $5! :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
MY dogs go nuts for 'moose antlers' (which, I guess, are both treats and chew toys). I've purchased a few different ones from Alaskan Enterprises Inc. and all of them have been awesome. My favorite are...
The XXL: Amazon.com : XXL Alaskan Moose Antler Chew For Big Dogs : Pet Supplies

and the XXL Point: Amazon.com : XXL Alaskan Moose Antler Point Chew For Big Dogs : Pet Supplies

Rascal, which is the more playful of the two, is also a huge fan of MooTugs: Pet Supplies : MOOTUG - An 'Udderly' Irresistable Upcycled Rubber & Rope Tug-O-War Toy For Your Dog (Orange) : Amazon.com

·
Registered
641 Posts
Tully likes Kong Squeezz balls and Kong Jumbler balls. He also likes anything that can be turned into a tug toy. He's gone through countless braided fleece toys, but fortunately, since I just buy fleece remnants to make them, I can make a lot of them pretty reasonably. I do have to watch him with them, though, because left to his own devices, he will methodically chew them into halves and then quarters, at which point they have to be thrown out.

The nice thing about the Kong balls is that, thus far, the squeakers have held up really well. One of the Jumbler balls is about 18 months old and the squeaker still works. In fact, of the three Kong balls he owns, he's only broken the squeaker on one of them--and usually squeakers don't last the day (sometimes the hour).

He does like the stuffed animal type toys too, but he destroys them so quickly that I don't like to buy them unless they're on sale.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.