Dog Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
I just finished Gandhi's autobiography, only take this on if you are ready for it to take some time.
I decided on a lighter summer read, so I am reading the sookie stackhouse series. (since true blood is coming to an end this summer- I figured why not start the books and keep my love for them going )
next on my list is the seven pillars of wisdom as well as nelson mandela's autobiography.

·
Registered
760 Posts
I'm in the middle of Big Bang by Simon Singh, a second read through of the Game of Thrones books, and I'm somewhere in the first few books of the Sano Ichiro detective novels, which are set in Meiji Era Japan. I wish the latter were better than they are, because the premise is really promising. :(

·
Registered
721 Posts
Broken monsters by Lauren Beukes, the weirdest book ever! Liked her Zoo City a lot, but broken monsters is a little too weird. Also reading Life Lessons From a Ranch Horse by Mark Rashid. I'm waiting for a Linda Fairstein to arrive, sounds cool, will see when it gets here. Hoping to read Dogs That know when their owners are coming home soon. Or another Mark Rashid, I'm quite enjoying Life Lessons.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Currently reading "What is Reformed Theology?" by R. C. Sproul. About 1/2 way done.

Next up:

"Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus" by Nabeel Qureshi.

Then on to:

"Son of Hamas" by Mosab Hassan Yousef.

All three are non-fiction. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've recently started reading a book about dog that suffers from food addiction. It is a story that has both sides: funny and sad. The book can be called fiction, but it shows the life through dog's eyes. It also has some philosophy about everyone who has addiction problems. The book called Adventures with Hugo by David Anton. Here's the link to it's FB page :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
My passion in life(after dogs) is reading.At present I'm reading Penny Vincenzis latest book...Perfect Heritage,love Lynda La Plante..Paullina Simons...Martina Cole and Ken Fosset.Favorite books ever were Gone With The Wind,Shantarum ,and The Bronze Horseman Trilogy.Love to hear other peoples favorites.
Wow, a great list.
Now I'm reading Murakami and honestly I don't like his books at all :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am reading "Stay" by Catherine Ryan Hyde.

It's a coming of age story of a teenage boy growing up during the Vietnam War. The story deals with mental health and addiction, but dogs also play an important role in the plot.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts