Dog Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 3 weeks off from school until the fall semester starts and I plan on getting some reading in! :thumbsup:

So tell me, what are you all reading? I'm pretty open regarding genre so give me any and all suggestions! :D

·
Super Moderator
9,240 Posts
Just finished watching 'If I Stay' and the 2nd book 'Were She Went' because I wanted to see the movie that comes out later this month. Very good books. Finished both of them in 4 days.

Started reading the new Nicholas Sparks 'The Longest Ride'. We will see if I get through this one.

Reactions: Aspen726

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
A Feast for Crows by George R.R. Martin
So Long and Thanks for All the Fish by Douglas Adams
Pukka's Promise by Ted Kerasote

I've been reading all of those books for the past few months on and off xD All very good books though.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Ive recently read the Divergent series. I know it's in the teens section but I like the dystopian theme to it. It's a good read if anyone wants to give it a try.

Reactions: Aspen726

·
Registered
352 Posts
Fight! by Jean Donaldson

The Thinking Dog: Crossover to Clicker Training by Gail Fischer

Right on Target! by Cheryl Smith and Mandy Book

...I know it seems like all I probably read is dog books by this list, but I just finished The Name of the Wind, The Wise King's Fear, and American Gods!

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Ive recently read the Divergent series. I know it's in the teens section but I like the dystopian theme to it. It's a good read if anyone wants to give it a try.
This is hugely popular amongst the students I teach, they are loving this series of books!
I spend much of the school year studying classic literature along side students, which I love, but now that I'm on school summer break I read nothing but trashy chick lit :D

·
Banned
6,595 Posts
Fight! by Jean Donaldson

The Thinking Dog: Crossover to Clicker Training by Gail Fischer

Right on Target! by Cheryl Smith and Mandy Book

...I know it seems like all I probably read is dog books by this list, but I just finished The Name of the Wind, The Wise King's Fear, and American Gods!
Pat Rothfuss is one of my fave authors :)

I'm not in the middle of any right now but I have Nemisis by Asimov ready to go. I have a few doggy books to get through, too. I'm trying to read all the books I don't think I'll want to keep forever first, though, since I'm moving.

Brent Weeks, Robert Sawyer, and Kristen Britain are also faves :)

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
A Fistful of Fig Newtons -Jean Shepherd...I started it a couple of months ago and never got around to finishing it but I'm so glad I found the time to pick it up again, it's a great book, and really funny.

Girl with the pearl earring- tracy chevalier

The Queen's Exiles- Barbara Kyle

·
Registered
12,335 Posts
Outline for professional responsibility/ethics. It is super fun! ;)

(I did read a Fault in our Stars last week. It was nice to read a real fictional story for a change. :)
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Currently:

The Bees by Laline Paull

Gregor The Overlander (Books 1-5) by Suzanne Collins
(description of book sounds lame, just read the first 3 chapters and you wont put it down)

Dust (Wool book 3) by Hugh Howey

Next on the list is:
Duncton Wood by William Horwood
Animal Farm by George Orwell
Timeline by Michael Crichton
Farm Sanctuary by Gene Baur
The Saving Mars series by Sidney Swanson
The Plantation series by Stella Samiotou Fitzsimons

Reactions: Kwenami

·
Registered
6,472 Posts
If I Stay is a good book! Haven't read the second and don't want the movie to spoil the book, so haven't checked it out.

I'm reading a bunch of stuff, as always. Currently I'm about a quarter of the way through From The Corner of His Eye - Dean Koontz, and I love it. Enthralling plot.
Just started Indigo Slam - Robert Crais.
Finished Victims - Jonathan Kellerman the other day. Starting Twisted or Compulsion tomorrow, also by Kellerman.
Dead Sleep - Greg Iles. Very well written and it speaks to me as a photographer.
Rereading One for The Money - Janet Evanovitch. Love her early Plum books.
Waiting on I'll Be Home Soon - Patricia McConnell to get here.

I know these next two are teen books, but they're good!
I need to pick up the next Vampire Academy (Rachael Mead) book, and I started on the second book in the Hush Hush (Becca Fitzpatrick) series.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I just finished "The Color of Heaven" by Julianne Maclean. What a great book. I'm almost sorry I finished it.

I'm about to start "Taking Flight" by Adrian Magnuson. I hope it lives up to the great reviews it got.

·
Registered
441 Posts
My passion in life(after dogs) is reading.At present I'm reading Penny Vincenzis latest book...Perfect Heritage,love Lynda La Plante..Paullina Simons...Martina Cole and Ken Fosset.Favorite books ever were Gone With The Wind,Shantarum ,and The Bronze Horseman Trilogy.Love to hear other peoples favorites.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
I just finished Divergent the other day, now I need to read the other two.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts