Dog Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
10,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guy asked me if he could breed Kenya with his pit bull a while ago. Rough Collie/pit bull crosses? What would that look like? :eek:

·
Registered
6,472 Posts
"is it sick? Why is it behaving and not snapping?"
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Super Moderator
10,820 Posts
"He's so hyper, why don't you put him on doggy valium?"

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
After I tell people about Emmas OCD, they jokingly say she should be on prozac. Then they can't believe it when I say she was.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
35 Posts
Not exactly a question - just an encounter that left me a little flabbergasted.

I had just finished jogging on a local trail with my Springer - the late, great Sherman. I was cooling down and stretching at the trail head & heard someone say "You should muzzle that damn dog." I looked up to see a 20-something kid gothed out all in black (complete with trench coat in the middle of freaking July), with greasy hair and multiple tats & piercings.

"What's the problem?" I asked.

"Well, look at him!"

Sherman had caught & killed a field mouse.

"Yeah, he's a pretty good mouser."

"That mouse deserved to live just as much as that damn dog!"

I was so dumbstruck that all I could do was laugh. Goth Boy turned red and continued up the trail in a huff. Entertainment - it's everywhere!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Presa confusion

I get irked when people see my Presa and say " Wow, he look just like a mastiff" All I want to say is "Hey dumbass! He looks nothing like a mastiff because they are two completely different breeds"

·
Registered
472 Posts
I get irked when people see my Presa and say " Wow, he look just like a mastiff" All I want to say is "Hey dumbass! He looks nothing like a mastiff because they are two completely different breeds"
Everything I've ever read says it's bred from mastiff, and is a mossler, and thus they call it a mastiff. Kinda like how I have a dogue De Bordeaux but it's a French mastiff. Just like yours is called a Canary mastiff. And how a tibetian mastiff looks nothing like a Bordeaux or English mastiff
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Banned
711 Posts
I've never gotten any weird questions about Bear, except that people have been referring to him as "old fella" since he was a year old because his muzzle is white.

People keeping asking me if I'm going to "do" Mozart's tail and ears. Someday, someone with a baby is going to ask me and I'm going to turn right around and ask them if they're going to get their kid a nose job. Maybe then they'll understand why I act so insulted.

·
Super Moderator
3,829 Posts
We live in an townhouse and a group of kids came up and asked why we were watching Quest poop...

uhhhh...to pick it up?

·
Registered
472 Posts
I've never gotten any weird questions about Bear, except that people have been referring to him as "old fella" since he was a year old because his muzzle is white.

People keeping asking me if I'm going to "do" Mozart's tail and ears. Someday, someone with a baby is going to ask me and I'm going to turn right around and ask them if they're going to get their kid a nose job. Maybe then they'll understand why I act so insulted.
I will admit that when I see a dog with a white/Grey muzzle I think they are old..I am guilty!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Banned
7,625 Posts
Oops! That should have read molosser is a type ...

All mastiffs are molossers but not all molossers are mastiffs...?. Lol
Correct : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molosser

The bulldog breeds are molossers, as are Rotties, St Bernards...... As a general rule however Cane Corsos and Presa's are considered to be a type of 'mastiff' as its generally understood by the public.

·
Registered
67 Posts
asked "Was your dog on TV?"
my reply "No"
then I was told "Yes she has!!! I saw her on Lassie"

Ummm my dog is way to young to have been on the Lassie TV show lol

·
Registered
829 Posts
Correct : Molosser - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The bulldog breeds are molossers, as are Rotties, St Bernards...... As a general rule however Cane Corsos and Presa's are considered to be a type of 'mastiff' as its generally understood by the public.
LOL. when i was trying to figure out the breeds in our mutt I came across numerous sites about the molosser type of dog..I couldn't help following a few rabbit hole links and i was surprised that there was so much "controversy " and up in the air breed associations to the type. It seems that just plain Mastiff isn't even a single breed as lots of different breeds fall under that category. But the AKC does list Mastiff as a breed...I wondered if they meant American Mastiff or not...? They are usually so damn precise and picky about standards..I guess i just didn't expect that there would be so much uncertainty about it considering the original molosser breeds are so ancient. I supose that's where the "general public " comes in to muff it up. LOL

Whatever the case... as part of the ignorant general public, i think a presa does look a lot like a brindled American mastiff. I guess I'm odd. :p:D

1 - 20 of 32 Posts