Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Can people please share what activities/games they've come up with for their dogs?

My Cavalier x just turned 8 months old and is very lively and energetic, she loves chasing things like the tennis ball and playing 'fetch', she has a kiddie pool and a treat ball to keep her occupied when I'm at work in the day and she is home alone all day. She also has a Kong that I freeze and alternate with the treat ball.

Any ideas for games or activities either we can do together or by herself safely when I'm away, as she does spend 8 hours by herself each work day.

This is my first time owning a dog so I want to be the best mum I can :thumbsup:

And my puppy LOVES carrots, is it ok to feed her half a raw carrot each day, or should it be cooked first?

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Sancho likes searching games.
I hide treats in the house or in the garden and he has to search them.
he also likes playing tug with a rope toy.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Hiding treats for her would be a great game for her to play whilst you are gone! Will keep her occupied for a bit, she'll probably just sleep after that. I left my Border Collie for 4 hours today and he just completely konks out for the entire time im gone.

Reactions: Carl484a

·
Registered
60 Posts
I throw a toy down the hallway and while Riloue is running for it, I hide. He is pretty good at searching and loves it, but he is really crap at finding haha.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I leave Tessa in a room and hide treats throughout the house then release her to find it. We also play a lot of tug and awkward fetch.

Also raw carrots are safe, just indigestible. Basically they'll fill her up but not digest any, or few, nutrients from them. Tessa loves raw carrots for the crunch lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.