Dog Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
I just don't know, every time I read up on a breed I am interested in I say that's what I'll get. Then I'll see someone with a different type of dog and after talking to them that's what I want. I have mostly gotten rescues, but I have had a few pure. I love the Shih Tzu but they are very high maintenance, so I don't know about more. It really will be whoever chooses me I guess, because that is how it always happens. I would love to have a whole bunch but 2 has to be the limit. :)

·
Banned
711 Posts
Löwchen.

I've wanted one for YEARS. They're got a great personality (totally different personality from most small dogs,) and I absolutely adore their coat. It's the perfect coat for me because I love all the clippering and brushing out the coat, but there's no scissoring which I can't stand. I've been fortunate enough to meet a couple in person and I adore them.

·
Registered
405 Posts
More chows
More pomeranians
Newfoundland
Great Dane
Akita
German Shepherd
Australian Shepherd
Dobie
Rottie

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
My next dog WILL BE a well bred, show prospect Staffordshire Bull Terrier. I'm already way ahead of myself researching breeders. But this won't be happening for a matter of years.

I also have a crazy obsession with Dobes. Will most likely never own one, but CHEZZUS! A well-bred dobe is a stunning, jaw-dropping thing.

·
Registered
422 Posts
The list of breeds I would like to own is endless. I want to own a miniature or toy poodle, Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, Dalmatian, Doberman, Collie, Golden Retriever... and hopefully more labs! :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
I would only ever adopt a rescue, so my choosing of breed would be very limited to whats available at the shelter. A dog's needs, my ability to meet them, my lifestyle, and how our personalties get along is definitly the most important criteria.

That being said, the breeds (or mutts including these breeds) I would most like to have someday are:
Pomerinians
Papillons
Shihtzu
Chihuahua
Miniature Schnauzer
Miniature pincher
Chihuahua
Border terrier
Corgi
Yorkie
Greyhound
Border Collie
Bernese Mountain Dog

·
Registered
6 Posts
I will not be getting another dog for a long time to come, since I have a nice age spacing that I like with my three. And, when the day comes, I'll probably have changed my mind 12 times from my thoughts now, BUT there are several that I am interested in. I'd even consider getting another of breeds I have now, but as far as a breed I've never owned but am rather enamored by?

-- Border collie
-- Basenji
-- Blue Heeler
-- Lab

How about you? :)
Great Dane for sure! but I own 4 mixed ones and they are the best!!!!

21 - 31 of 31 Posts