Dog Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My puppy will be making her way to us in about 3-4 weeks, I have no experience with dog toys at all because my dog, who I got at about 2-4 years old never played with toys. So, in your experience, what is a puppies favourite kind of toys? Pics would be great :)

·
Registered
22,635 Posts
My puppy will be making her way to us in about 3-4 weeks, I have no experience with dog toys at all because my dog, who I got at about 2-4 years old never played with toys. So, in your experience, what is a puppies favourite kind of toys? Pics would be great :)
i recommend you buy several different types of toys for your puppy. kong type toys are great, especially for teething and i found one the other day that came with a tray so that you would have half toy and half ice. most toys you buy at a pet store should be safe, in general, but you need to make sure they are the right size for your dog. a toy that is too small can be choked on very easily. also, make sure that they don't have small pieces that can be chewed off easily. other than that try to get toys that a dog can play with by himself and toys that you can plays with him with.

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
IF the kong is pricey they have "chili" toys in shapes of ice cream cones, bones, etc that you soak with water and freeze, same effect as kong but kongs are better for dogs who tear toys apart LOL.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I was pricing some toys when I was buying rabbit food the other day, their are some like rubbery chew toys and they had the puppy kong, it was on the dear side a bit but I will probably still get it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
if i were u i wouldn't get a toy u could play tug-o-war with if young-if u do,u could rip it's teeth out.good :( luck!!!!!!!! :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I love Stuffed toys. So do my puppies. :)
I find that an old teddy bear, is a wonderful thing for puppies to cuddle up with! Keeps them calm and not miss their litter mates too much.

and then there are those invincible rings.... :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts