Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I'm having a bit of an issue with my 6 month old male Pomeranian peeing when I first walked in the door out of excitement. He doesn't let it all out, only drops of pee here and there. He's been pretty good at holding it up to 6 hours with no accidents. This new behavior just started a few days ago.

I always take him out right away when I got home because he's been holding it for 6 hours. I know they say you're not supposed to greet your dog right away but I'm always he'll pee if I wait for him to settle.
Could what I'm doing might have caused this? How can I fix this behavior? Thank you!

·
Registered
911 Posts
He may grow out of it. It's excitement urination. I'd say ignore him, but if he needs to go out right away. Try to stay calm and just get his leash on and take him out. You could also always great him in the same spot and put down some puppy pads so you're not cleaning up a bunch of dribbles. Is he crated?

Reactions: Blessed82 and Rain

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you!
He's only crated at night for bed. I don't put him in the crate when I need to be out of the house for 6 hours and again at night because I feel that would be too much. He just stays in my kitchen when I'm at work. He didn't pee in the house today after being left for 3 hours so I think it's a combination of excitement and holding it for so long. He'll be 7 months on March 15 so I hope he'll grow out of it.
He may grow out of it. It's excitement urination. I'd say ignore him, but if he needs to go out right away. Try to stay calm and just get his leash on and take him out. You could also always great him in the same spot and put down some puppy pads so you're not cleaning up a bunch of dribbles. Is he crated?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.