Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

I'm new to this forum. So I want to say hello to all of You my dog-loving friends.

I have this lovely Cocker Spaniel dog named Duffy. Sometimes I call her Puffy and she likes it as well.

Anyway, she (and unfortunetally me as well) has a small problem. It's located between her legs, and at the same time - on my body.

You see, everytime she see me and she jumps on me with this happy smile on her face which I like so much, she's getting so excited, that she wets herself.

I love her very much and I don't want to scream at her. She's so sensitive.

The problem is true for every person she greet. It wouldn't be that big problem, if not the fact that I'm having guests often, and it's very embarassing when she starts to give this wet-welcome to all my friends and familly. It was even more embarassing to see my uncle Richard being happy about it and giving my auntie Lilly this suspicious look, only she knew what it meant. But on the other hand, Richard was always little bit strange.

Anyway, can You please help me?
I'm looking forward to invite this nice girl named Polly, and I don't know how to tell her she should wear rubber-boots to come to my place so she doesn't need to wash her feet later before... You know what :)

I want to make You aware of the fact that I don't let Duffy to see me and girls do this together. I'm not a freak.

Thank You very much for Your help in advance.

Ruff, ruff !

·
Registered
146 Posts
Not uncommon in cockers! My mini aussie Roxi does the same thing. I'm REALLLLLY hoping she'll out grow it! She's 8 months. She also does it in submission.

You can buy doggie diapers. Don't waste your money on the pads, I find human pads are cheaper and work better ;) Roxi wears hers anytime she's in the house. Works really well! :)

·
Banned
112 Posts
She is excitable and as a result will pee when she is excited. You need to downplay her exuberance by ignoring her when you enter the scene and tell visitors and friends to do the same. In short time she'll stop this behavior. Allowing her to jump on you only reinforces the behavior. She needs to be calm. And you need to keep her calm. Walk into your home and just walk right past her. Don't even acknowledge her until she is calm. Once she is calm, then show her affection.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts