Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dog was recently diagnosed with some digestive issues and has been on the Hill's Prescription I/D wet food for the past week with really good results. However, I did a big oops and fed him the rest of what the vet gave me tonight, with nothing to give him tomorrow. He is also on several medications right now, and mixing them in with his wet food is the only way he will take them. Is there anything I could pick up from TSC, or the local big box store that is similar to get us through until Monday?

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
Is he going to be on id permanently?

I'd suggest making some boiled chicken and rice. Boneless skinless chicken breast boiled to death, and then take the broth and use it to cook rice. Don't add any salt or spices. I/D is just a bland diet that's meant to be very gentle on the stomach and not too rich....Chicken and rice is a good alternative that I always suggest to clients who's dogs are having tummy issues or are recovering from something like parvo, or an exploratory.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
chicken and rice mixed with low fat creme fraiche to make it "wetter". Also, boil the hell out of the rice.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is he going to be on id permanently?

I'd suggest making some boiled chicken and rice. Boneless skinless chicken breast boiled to death, and then take the broth and use it to cook rice. Don't add any salt or spices. I/D is just a bland diet that's meant to be very gentle on the stomach and not too rich....Chicken and rice is a good alternative that I always suggest to clients who's dogs are having tummy issues or are recovering from something like parvo, or an exploratory.
For the time being until we can figure out why he keeps getting inflammation in his GI tract. :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts