Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 12 year old Toy Poodle has some welts on his skin. We live in a tropical area, with an overabundance of fleas, lice and ticks. He used to have a lot of these, and that may be one of the reasons why he has these welts (due to scratching). However, during the past 3 months he has been completely flea, lice and tick free and he still has welts on his skin. Is it because of his old age? Did he scratch at the biting site of a flea and get it infected? Is he allergic to some plant, or food he's consuming? I'll be posting the pictures of his skin condition in an album soon enough. We sent him to the vet about three months ago, but we don't know if he was irresponsible and didnt even take a close look at his skin welts, or saw his welts and considered them benign, since he didn't even mention his skin condition when he gave the dog back. What is his skin condition and how should I treat it ??

Attachments

·
Registered
400 Posts
Get that checked by a vet. Was this problem specifically pointed out to the vet when he was seen? If not, it might have been missed entirely. Skin growths my be nothing to be concerned about but they may also be cancer and that's something that needs to be determined asap by a vet. You could have his blood tested and that would tell you more too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Get that checked by a vet. Was this problem specifically pointed out to the vet when he was seen? If not, it might have been missed entirely. Skin growths my be nothing to be concerned about but they may also be cancer and that's something that needs to be determined asap by a vet. You could have his blood tested and that would tell you more too.
Okay, thanks, will do. No, I don't think the person who sent the dog to the vet pointed it out specifically to him.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts