Dog Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so in LOVE with this little guy. He is 11.5, but you would never know. He goes hiking every week with my hiking group and has kept up on out 9 mile hikes no problem! I have not tried longer yet because he was not walked before he came to live with me and I don't want to over do it. He only knew his name and how to sit (sort of) when he came and holy cow his manners were no where to be found.

He now knows:
Sit
Down
Stay
Shake
Bang
Roll-over
Leave it
Off
and Come

I am really impressed with him, he loves to learn and is very motivated. VERY different than the last 3 terriers I have owned. He is just the sweetest little dog.

Anyways, I just wanted to post some pictures of him.

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! I think he is pretty cute too :D

·
Banned
283 Posts
Thanks guys! I think he is pretty cute too :D
Understandably so! You have a little joy.
Please understand that this is not a downer. Our dog, as is required here, has a tag. It provides information, our name, phone number and health things. But we were advised not to put his name on it.

The reason given was that someone, anyone, could call his name and he might go with them.

·
Premium Member
8,034 Posts
@Embersmom OMG! I LOVE CAIRNS!!!! Like I love them! Mostly because I am a huge Wizard of Oz fan but also, I think they're amazing little dogs. I've never had one but I've heard they are fun, smart, athletic little guys. Have so much fun with him and please post a million pictures!

Also, I love your tag. Where did you get it?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Please understand that this is not a downer. Our dog, as is required here, has a tag. It provides information, our name, phone number and health things. But we were advised not to put his name on it.

The reason given was that someone, anyone, could call his name and he might go with them.
Thanks for the concern :)
But, he is never ever ever ever out of my eyesight if he is off leash we are doing training as he is still new to me. He knows who holds the snacks and is a little shadow basically tripping me to maintain eye contact in hopes of treats haha

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@Embersmom OMG! I LOVE CAIRNS!!!! Like I love them! Mostly because I am a huge Wizard of Oz fan but also, I think they're amazing little dogs. I've never had one but I've heard they are fun, smart, athletic little guys. Have so much fun with him and please post a million pictures!

Also, I love your tag. Where did you get it?
He is such an awesome dog!
I got my tag off of etsy and it was only $12.50 :)

https://www.etsy.com/listing/84344526/pet-tags-dog-tag-pet-id-tag-dog-id-tag?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=dog tag&ref=sr_gallery_12

·
Banned
283 Posts
Thanks for the concern :)
But, he is never ever ever ever out of my eyesight if he is off leash we are doing training as he is still new to me. He knows who holds the snacks and is a little shadow basically tripping me to maintain eye contact in hopes of treats haha
Ours runs in and out of bushes so we lose sight of him but he knows where we are. I don't think he would go off with a stranger but........

·
Super Moderator
11,911 Posts
Omg! @Embersmom, He's so cute!
I just love little terriers. So much fun!
Congrats!:D

Let's make sure this thread doesn't go ot. If you wish to share your opinion on whether or not names should be on tags go post in a thread for that such as this one.
http://www.dogforum.com/dog-gear-supplies/names-identification-tags-really-necessary-279025/

If you wish to discuss your offleash walks with your dog, then go create a thread of your own.

Thanks!:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
9,240 Posts
Tiki is adorable! Cairn's are SO smart. My grandmother has a few that she does Rally and trick trains with them. They pick up on things so quick. So cool to see an older dog not only find a new home but find a new home that she can totally mesh with! Can't wait to hear more about your adventures!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts