Dog Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I drove 3 hours to pick up this SUPER sweet senior Cairn terrier. He is 11 years old, and got a clean bill of health from the vet!

We had a very busy day yesterday, he met his new human family members and my two dogs along with my in-laws little cranky dog that tried to bite him but nothing phased him and he has continued to be the sweetest little man.

He slept better than expected last night, not a peep from 10-4:30am when he decided it was breakfast time. His old owner warned me that she fed him before 5 every morning and he would probably wake me up, so that is something we need to work on.

He was also being fed Beneful, so he is going to need an upgrade, along with more exercise since he has a little pudge and his old owner said she didn't walk him.

Anyways, here are some pictures!!

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
crappy food, no walks, 11 years old and still a clean bill of health!? AMAZING!

I bet you'll do great with him!!

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
How cute :) Cairns are one of my favorite breeds and one I hope to own one day. Good luck with your new addition, and I'm glad he got a clean bill of health from the vets.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everybody! I'm excited for his true personality to show as he gets more comfortable.

I will probably get him checked out by my personal vet this week as well just to be safe, but I got all his paperwork and everything from his old vet and he was throughly checked out before I agreed to give him a home. You can never be too safe though, especially since he is a senior. :)

Reactions: Sabina88

·
Registered
31 Posts
What an adorable gentleman - I love terriers! hubby would divorce me if I ever tried to bring one home but I love others from afar !

Beth & Co

1 - 7 of 7 Posts