Dog Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new pup, officially named Delilah, came home today! She came up on a rescue transport with a bunch of other dogs. Oh God, when they were getting off the transport and being introduced to their families my heart stopped a few times when parents let their kids run right up to the new frightened dog and put their faces right in the dogs' faces! All the dogs were very sweet though and jumped on and kissed everyone.

Delilah was very scared at first and spent the first 10-15 minutes just shaking and trying to pull off the lead. I gave her some treats and she started calming down. My sister had come with me to help out so she drove us almost 3 hours back north and Delilah gave me kisses and then fell asleep on my lap :)

I noticed she had fleas! So on the way home I bought flea spray and sprayed everything and everyone, and flea shampoo and gave her a bath. She has a vet appointment for Monday so we'll see if it worked. She's also really thin- I can see her spine and her hip bones. She was a former stray so she must have been starving. Also there was a big bump on her belly I felt when I first picked her up and at first I thought they had accidentally labeled her sex wrong, and then I was worried it was a tumor, but then I check it and there was a slice down the bump with yellow crusty stuff so I think it was from her getting spayed and I'm worried it might be infected.

She doesn't like walking- I bought her an easy walk harness so I wouldn't put any pressure on her tiny neck but she just doesn't seem to like walking in general. I think she's still nervous.

She also jumped on my lap when I was sitting at the table and leaned over to take my food as if it were a perfectly normal thing to do. I'm guessing she was a spoiled lap dog in her past life because she keeps jumping on my lap, asking to be picked up, and begging! Now I know what we'll have to work on.

Right now she's lying beside me preoccupied with her kong.

I'm already in love :dog-love:

Coming off the transport:

Scared when we first met:

In the car:

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
She is absolutely adorable, I love those ears :), how old is she?

Fingers crossed that her fleas are gone and the bump on her belly isn't two bad. Good luck with her :)

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She is absolutely adorable, I love those ears :), how old is she?

Fingers crossed that her fleas are gone and the bump on her belly isn't two bad. Good luck with her :)
They think she's under a year- they said 10 months but then her vaccination documents said she's 6 months. So she's somewhere in the "under 1 year adolescent" range.

Meeting Sophie Bunny. Sophie was really confused- I don't think she could decide whether Delilah was a dog or a rabbit. They're the same size!

Delilah got super excited and started play bowing and bouncing around the couch like the Tasmanian Devil or something! She was going so fast and bouncing off the pillows that she was all blurry! And then she passed out on a pillow xD

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
That's great they seem to be getting along, your bunny is also adorable, I lover her coloring :) Delilah looks happy with her new bunny friend

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah they both seem really happy with each other which is awesome! When Mia and Sophie were living together Sophie really liked Mia but Mia was afraid of Soph so I'm glad Sophie finally has a friend that likes her back!

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Congrats Delilah is adorable! I love her name too :D

Hoping for good news from the vet!

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Oh my God I think her ears are bigger than the bunny's! She's so cute. :) Congrats

·
Registered
669 Posts
Congratulations Revolution, and welcome home Delilah!!!

SO.CUTE. She really does look like she has some Rattie in her. That first pic where she's meeting a rabbit, she is posed EXACTLY like Skipper would be in that situation!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Congratulations! She's a pretty girl and I love those big ears!

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks everyone! I really love her. I told my bf to put her in the crate before he went to bed but he put her in the bed instead so she spent her first night curled up between us :)

Congratulations Revolution, and welcome home Delilah!!!

SO.CUTE. She really does look like she has some Rattie in her. That first pic where she's meeting a rabbit, she is posed EXACTLY like Skipper would be in that situation!

The rescue guessed toy fox terrier x. I think she's TFT and/or rat terrier and chihuahua. Her tail is docked so I'm guessing the terrier was the mother or it was an intentional breeding.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Awww, she is so cute. I really like the name! Did you chose it or did she come with the name?

Congrats on your new addition. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts