Dog Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My kitty is finally Home!!! Such a sweet boy!

Um excuse me... but I is a bit scared.... (aka... hiding in the shower because mom crinkled a plastic bag!)
IMG_8502.jpg

Oh ok... I get it... this is MY house...
IMG_8507.jpg
IMG_8510.jpg

OH NOM NOM NOM NOM... this stuff is goooood!
IMG_8516.jpg

I like this spot riiiiight here...
IMG_8526.jpg

So right now his daddy is finishing putting together the cat tree then I will Carpet it and wrap the rope around it.

We are thinking later tonight we will let him explore a bit more of the house... rather than just the master bath lol. I have a small place and if I close the doors to the up stairs, 2nd bathroom and laundry, the house gets even smaller. Hes such a confidant loving boy!

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
Benjamin Squeaky Cheeks!!!! Welcome home!! :D

·
Registered
6,913 Posts
Welcome home Benjamin! :D

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We had our first, "peek" with Zoey and Ben, as long as Zoey was just at the door he could care less. We maintained calm all the way to a nearly open door and called it quits when Ben ran under the bed. Im proud of Zoey for staying calm. It only took closing the door 3 times at the 6in level for her to understand lunging=door closed. Ben seems to only want to eat when I am around. We widened his "room" to the master bed room as well as the bath. Shower is his "base" as my fiancé calls it lol.

Ben has been here 3hrs and its like he has lived here all his life. I think in either his foster home or the home before that he was not allowed on beds because he was super hesitant to get on my bed with me. He is over it now... lol

·
Registered
6,913 Posts
That's great, it sounds like you found a really good cat. :)

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lol I didn't find him, he found me lol...I Was NEVER planning on getting a cat after what happened with Rusty, But I couldn't resist the blue eyed white guy...

who has now decided that the computer is his...

Such as sweetie! rubbing all over me its so weird cause I have never had a cat do that... no allergy issues either! not even with my moms cats who ALWAYS instantly give me itchy eyes, Ben just rubbed his head on my face and im just fine :D it just be the dander from my moms cat that gets me. She's the only animal EVER to make me itchy.

I took my laptop in the the bed room to be with Ben, apparently Im a jungle gym.

he seems to knead a lot. Does that mean anything?

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
he seems to knead a lot. Does that mean anything?
He wants to make biscuits! Just kidding. ;) He's happy. I've had cats that kneaded at varying degrees. I think it just depends on the personality. I had one cat that when he would get going, he would drool and drip all over the place to. It was cute but gross. When they're kittens, they knead to get more milk from the nipple, but I'm not sure why this carries over drastically into adulthood with some cats and others not so much.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good call on the cat nip!!!
IMG_8554.jpg

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am rather fond of him!

He is sleeping next to me on the couch right now plastered up against my leg...

·
Registered
22,635 Posts

·
Registered
6,913 Posts
in the first pic i thought he was all white, but then as i scrolled down i realized he is a flame point, like my cat, but a much softer orange... lol, there's a bit of siamese in there... is he very talkative? fawkes is a total chatter-box and can he kitty-cuss a blue streak!
That's what I thought too. :)

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
God... does he freaking talk.... ALL GOSH DARN NIGHT LONG!!! GAAHHH...

this better just be im setting in and don't know where to go at night stuff...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts