Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I just adopted a dog and he's about 3 years old. He wasn't neutered so they did that at the shelter before I picked him up. It's been about 4 days since he's been neutered and he had this strange red mark under the skin right, almost like a small pool of blood, in that area. He doesn't seem to bothered by it but I just wanted to see if that is a normal thing? I've attached a photo of it.

Attachments

·
Banned
1,885 Posts
OUCh...

... looks like clipper burn. :(

Whoever prepped him carelessly let the clipper-head get too hot, or it was dull / needed sharpening, or they didn't LUBE the blades while cutting, or ______ .
Probly either a vet-tech [CVT] or vet-assistant [CVA]; it's remotely possible it was the vet her- or himself, or a vet-nurse. :whip:

I'd wash it with cool H2O & a mild perfume-free liquid soap [body wash, hand soap, shampoo, other]. // Pat it dry, & put a light moisturizer on it - edible Aloe Vera gel is great [intended to be taken internally, as a bowel cleanser, it's wonderful for skin & healing]. Non-toxic, very very safe.

generally it must be special-ordered in a pharmacy - be sure to specify 'edible grade', not a lotion, no possibly toxic added ingredients - just gel.

- terry

1 - 2 of 2 Posts