Dog Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all! I have a brother and sister chihuahua-poodle pair and I've had them since they were puppies, they have rarely been apart and they are three years old. they are both altered. The girl, Mars, has always humped her bed sporadically, I was told that it was just some kind of frustration. Frankie, the boy, had never done any kind of humping at all. I notice that Mars licks herself a lot and quite intensely. We yesterday to my shock I saw Mars lead Frank under the table and she sort of "presented" herself she sat kind of on her hip and lifted one leg in the air, kind of showing off the goods, you know? Well Frank took about two steps towards her and kind of pawed at her and I freaked out and stopped them lol. I don't know what exactly was going on there? They're three years old and I got them both altered as soon as it was available so I mean I don't know?? Should I be worried? I don't know where this behavior is coming from, I didn't know dogs got pleasure from stuff like that??? I'm so confused

**Edit, I misspelled my title, oops.

·
Registered
884 Posts
I've had bonded cats (cats that get along, raised together) do the 'sexy' now and again, my current pair are both males, but occasionally they'll start chirping at one one another and sort of kinda go through the motions, it's pretty mutual, so, whatever. If they do something that bugs me, I'll interrupt, not because their doing anything wrong, but because it bugs me. I'm sure they have plenty of private time to do whatever they please.
For the record, the Dudes getting their sexy on doesn't bug me. My previous pair engaged in noisy teat sucking... THAT bugged me. Not sure if they grew out of the behaviour, or just learned the value of privacy.
Same for you, if you don't like it, interrupt, have them move on to behaviour that doesn't bug you; I can't see how it's a problem unless there is something obsessive about it, or it's causing fights.
There are certain behaviours I wouldn't want to 'watch' or 'hear' either; I don't see anything wrong with calling the shots on that, but nothing wrong with your dogs either--sounds like they discovered a secret. ;-)

Reactions: Rain

·
Registered
785 Posts
Dogs dry hump. Is not just for sex. Its part of their normal body language. Penetration only occurs in latter phase of a bitch in season. And presenting for a male is often stood up, butt in dogs face with tail held out of way. Incest is not a barrier for non humans. And dog in line breeders: mate incestuously all the time. My bitch masterbates by ferociously licking herself. Sadly she,s unable to satisfy herself. Shes in season now week 3 and presented to me this morning- any port in her storm will do today?

·
Premium Member
10,820 Posts
Have you had the female checked for a bladder infection? Sometimes obsessive licking of the vulva can be a sign of that.

I had a spayed female who would flag, present butt move tail out of the way, male dogs that she was friendly towards. I've no idea why because she could no longer come into heat, considering the male was not interested I just laughed and called her my shameless hussy.

I do believe that dogs do get some pleasure from humping. My boy Zody has a "girlfriend" who's name is Cheetah Dog. "Girlfriend" is a cheetah patterned pillow that has a dogs head. He likes to hump that pillow and will do so just because, he's usually not anxious, or stressed when he decides to hump the pillow so the only thing I can figure out is it feels good. Since that's the only thing he humps I just let him be, if he took to humping my pillows, blankets, etc. I'd interrupt the behavior.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dogs dry hump. Is not just for sex. Its part of their normal body language. Penetration only occurs in latter phase of a bitch in season. And presenting for a male is often stood up, butt in dogs face with tail held out of way. Incest is not a barrier for non humans. And dog in line breeders: mate incestuously all the time. My bitch masterbates by ferociously licking herself. Sadly she,s unable to satisfy herself. Shes in season now week 3 and presented to me this morning- any port in her storm will do today?
Okay so she is masturbating lol, I had no idea dogs did that. I'm pretty sure that's what she was trying to get from her brother, oh gosh

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have you had the female checked for a bladder infection? Sometimes obsessive licking of the vulva can be a sign of that.

I had a spayed female who would flag, present butt move tail out of the way, male dogs that she was friendly towards. I've no idea why because she could no longer come into heat, considering the male was not interested I just laughed and called her my shameless hussy.

I do believe that dogs do get some pleasure from humping. My boy Zody has a "girlfriend" who's name is Cheetah Dog. "Girlfriend" is a cheetah patterned pillow that has a dogs head. He likes to hump that pillow and will do so just because, he's usually not anxious, or stressed when he decides to hump the pillow so the only thing I can figure out is it feels good. Since that's the only thing he humps I just let him be, if he took to humping my pillows, blankets, etc. I'd interrupt the behavior.
I haven't had her checked for a bladder infection...maybe I'll have to do that...she does lick a lot and hump a lot, maybe she's just a little sex machine lol.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've had bonded cats (cats that get along, raised together) do the 'sexy' now and again, my current pair are both males, but occasionally they'll start chirping at one one another and sort of kinda go through the motions, it's pretty mutual, so, whatever. If they do something that bugs me, I'll interrupt, not because their doing anything wrong, but because it bugs me. I'm sure they have plenty of private time to do whatever they please.
For the record, the Dudes getting their sexy on doesn't bug me. My previous pair engaged in noisy teat sucking... THAT bugged me. Not sure if they grew out of the behaviour, or just learned the value of privacy.
Same for you, if you don't like it, interrupt, have them move on to behaviour that doesn't bug you; I can't see how it's a problem unless there is something obsessive about it, or it's causing fights.
There are certain behaviours I wouldn't want to 'watch' or 'hear' either; I don't see anything wrong with calling the shots on that, but nothing wrong with your dogs either--sounds like they discovered a secret. ;-)
I mean she's always done the humping the bed thing, and that was okay with me, pretty comical to watch since she's a girl, but this was brand new and totally caught me off guard! I guess I'll leave them to it :eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.