Dog Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

I have a couple of dogs and they both have rashes on their faces.

It started a few month ago with the first one who has it on the nose. We thought he was digging a little too hard and brought him to the vet who gave antibiotics and steroids but it didn't do much. I put some cream a couple of days ago on his face and it seems a bit better now.

A few weeks ago, I noticed the 2nd dog has something starting on his lips too. I have been putting the same cream which helps too (Sudocrem in the uk)

It doesn't seem to bother them, even if we touch it. No soreness and they don't seem to lick it more. However, Wilson (nose rash) always liked his nose a little too much.

If photos don't work, they are are as well http://www.dogforum.com/members/132562/album/disease-6250/

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Jeremy

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Doubtful that anyone could help you with a diagnosis based on the pictures. Even a vet would need to see the dogs in person. I'd see what your vet has to say. I'm not familiar with the cream you're using but be sure that it's safe for dogs as they are probably licking it off and ingesting it.

Hope the vet can give you some answers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Grabby,

Thanks for your message. I brought him to the vet but they were pretty hopeless and had no clue of what it is, or could be... They gave him antibiotics and steroids but it didn't do anything at all! I was "hoping" someone had a similar experience here who could lead us in the right direction.

As for the cream, it is sold to cure diapers rash and it is safe for dogs.

Think I am going to check with another vet.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I would go for a second opinion.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Jeremy,

From what I can see from the pictures, this could be related their diets. Many dogs will develop skin related issues because of the food they eat. A high grain diet could be the main issue here. My suggestion would be to place them on a Raw Food diet, or some type of dog food with high protein with very very low grain. to prep your dogs for this I would give them a bath doctor rash areas with peroxide then start them on their new diets. Also for the one with the nose issue I would invest in some Snout Soother. To read the full right up about this Take a look at Pit Bull Nutrition they have all the information you need re-guarding this. You can also pickup the food and snout soother while your their if you need to. Hope this helps!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts