Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, new in this forum.

This morning my dog vomit twice, only yellowish liquid nothing solid. Since then he ate and went to walks and everything seems overall fine.

However I just noticed an unusual rash on his crotch which I think is very new (I would notice something like that if it was days old) and doesn't look like something I've seen before.

Here's a pic:

Its hard to see all the details but it has some green skin-peeling texture to it, and it doesn't look like a regular hot spots.

We don't know of any allergies he might have. The dog is 12, mixed breed with some sharpai (which I know have some skin problems).

My main concern is - can this be an emergency that require an emergency vet and asap checkup, or is it something that can wait two days until the weekend ends?

Also suggestions on what it might be?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Its still Friday, unless you are in Australia, or in that part of the world. I would try to get him in today, if your Vet can accommodate. If not and he is not digging and biting at it, watch it closely, ready to take him to an ER Vet if it turns into something that warrants that.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Your dog is fine. No vet trip. Would you run to an emergency dept. If you felt fine but had a rash in one spot? The brown discolouration is from dog saliva n licking, so ignore that. I would: clean it, dry it and take a good look for any foreign object. If found remove it. If skin is broken be gentle. A daily squirt of salt water (1 teaspoon salt in 500 ml boiled cool water) in a squeezy water bottle so you can direct squirt. 3 x day. For 3 days and review. Prevent licking with a elizabethan collar if required. Meanwhile. To me.. this 'rash' is not a rash as its too localised in 1 small area. Id suspect a minor wound dog is licking at more likely. So saline rinsing heals most wounds exceptionally well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts