Dog Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At last Jessie and i passed CGC (canine good citizen) Foundation third time lucky!!!!!!!!!!!! i am so so proud and over the moon!

Ran her around squash courts/playground four times before telling them i was there, then did down, sit, heel and walk around while waiting. Also picked her up for a cuddle to relax her. Also gave her a massage at one point and kept her in the shade to cool down and keep cool.

When it was her food manners dog eating one it was hilarious everyone just had to laugh you ask why? because when i released her to eat i had to touch her and then got told to move the bowl away. Assessor thought she was still eating then saw the bowl empty! He said what its already gone? i said yep she loves her food and parents are like oh yeah she loves her raw food she eats faster then the Labradors. He said i thought raw meat would take longer to eat then that laughing.

She did so so well! Made some noise tied up but she was tired and hot it was in the sun too. Supervised separation tad of noise but nothing to fail her. I did use a good tactic when came to playing with her used a ball lol because she will give those back easily unlike other toys where she has to play tug of war and growl a little. I also took a anti anxiety med to help get me through it :)

Questions were the easiest ever! i actually answered them more then once to cover all bases including

1. What age dog should be microchipped: 3 months
  2. When came to the dog fouling in public what should you do i replied with pick it up and dispose of it or get fined $500 (NZD)
  3. name one parasite dogs can pick up in the environment i think it was. i replied with tapeworm, hookworm and roundworm.
  4. What do dogs need in training: consistency, positive reinforcement
  5. what happens if you don't train your dog properly as a puppy?(or something like that) put down they get fearful and aggressive/reactive (not the case always i know)
Cant remember last 3 but i obviously got them right and was confident with them.

Here are a few pics i have so far

Attachments

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
few more

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,750 Posts
Congrats! You deserve to be proud of yourself and Jessie. Well done!

I especially enjoyed seeing the photos of the two of you together. :)

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congrats! You deserve to be proud of yourself and Jessie. Well done!

I especially enjoyed seeing the photos of the two of you together. :)
Thanks Susanlynn! I sure do deserve to be proud! Been after it for a year now! Thanks I love the one she in my arms with the interim certificate I look so happy and proud on that one!

·
Premium Member
10,820 Posts
Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for both of y'all. You have every right to be proud.

Reactions: crazy

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks @Rain i cant stop smiling and jess has collapsed on my bed lol

Reactions: Rain

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Woo Hoo! Congrats to you both!!!!
Thanks! I knew she could do this just knew it! Would of attempted bronze but she was tired and bit noisy on tie up so and the tie up for bronze was handler out of sight. Need to practice that you one. Just happy achieved my goal which was to get canine good citizen foundation before I move to UK! It came true!

Reactions: Gnostic Dog

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Great work guys! How old is she?
Thanks she just turned 3 years old on the 11th november :)

Yay for you and Jessie!!! We knew you could do it!!
When i heard number 7 (my number had passed) i said yay we passed??1!!!!!!! i was so over the moon i wanted to collaspe in relief he tge assessor told me its well deserved. told him it was my goal to get it before going to UK to live!

I was starting to get defeated and wasnt going to attempt a 4th time to be honest so im so glad we ended up getting it! without these people on this forum i would of given up last month probably but due to all the help and advice i get on here i get more determined :)!

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
Yay! I'm so proud of you guys! You worked so hard this last month, you totally deserve it!

·
Registered
871 Posts
:happydance: Congrats! That is awesome! Good pup Jessie!

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yay! I'm so proud of you guys! You worked so hard this last month, you totally deserve it!
Thanks yes we did work so hard in the last month however im grateful that i posted asking for help and advice otherwise wouldnt of happened as i wasnt sure what i was doing wrong. this is a fantastic forum with great people!

I am glad the assessor could agree there because thats how it felt too well deserved, still does just in pain from being a idiot last night. She wouldnt go wee because got distracted by cooper ended up finding nearest pair of shoes very low heel shoes. when came time to go inside after she wee i took a fall and tumble down the wooden steps onto concrete and badly sprained my left leg and ankle ad now got crutches. never do that trust me.

:happydance: Congrats! That is awesome! Good pup Jessie!
Yeah it is awesome! she got a venison ear for doing so well with jackpot of treats straight away! i call her my canine good citizen now and cant stop telling her how proud i am of her! @revolutionrocknroll theres hope for you and deliah dont worry!

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
@SusanLynn was there any particular photos of Jess and i you liked especially? i do have very lovely cute photo from night or two before the assessment i should post sometime. We did selfies and i got her on camera with her arms around my neck licking me non stop lol.

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Congrats!!
Sorry just seen this! thanks! going to post pic of her with proper certificate! Sorry erased last name for privacy reasons :) also i dont support eukanuba but they sponser the CGC program and i really wanted that certificate for Jess to be reconised as a canine good citizen!

Attachments

Reactions: Sha

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just curious, what is the purpose of having this certificate?
This has baffled me! We trained in CGC classes for year and half re sat the assessment twice! its an acheivement!!!!!! that reconises that your dog is a well mannered, acceptable canine member of society that all the things you have to pass in the assessment which were not easy at all.

Its nice to have a certificate to acknowlege all the hard work and training you put into your dog to get that. see this link
New Zealand Kennel Club

Its an amazing thing to achieve especially for a little dog as not all little dogs are so trainable like with bigger more intelligent dogs when comes to training!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts