Dog Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
18,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:p

because I say so.... LOL

I don't think I've posted any snake pics before...anyone with som' go ahead and add 'em.

My Male Bairds Ratsnake...a favorite

Kermit...one of my Thayeri

Freckles a Speckled rattlesnake

Close up of a Turbo corn I produced

theres more...in a sec

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
18,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Female Boa constrictor...shes gravid in this photo

Hypo boa...father of the litter

het for amel boa..this girl is evil and wants to really hurt me

This is Bowa...second snake I ever bought...hes around 8 years old

Father of the turbo corns.

more....

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
18,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bert...my one and only python

Pair of Blonde subocs...I actually just sold these

Bloodred het hypo and pewter

Hiss as a baby

thats all I have uploaded! Enjoy

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
You may not see me in here too much. I was bitten by a western Diamondback while hunting years ago. Snakes have bothered me ever since that happened. Although, here is picture of a Cotton mouth that wandered into my back yard. I almost lost a dog that day.:(

·
Registered
18,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Iam sorry to hear about that. No permanent damage I hope. My house would probably give you a panic attack..at least the snake room would

Used to have a couple westerns...both were dumped on me, They were waaaay too spastic to be kept in a cage...never aclimated right...ended up releasing them.

Thats a fat and happy snake you have in your yard there.

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
No damage, just a scar. I don't think the snake injected much, and I had a buddy with that drove like a maniac to the clinic. I think I suffered more damage while going across a pasture in a 4x4 at 40-60mph, lol. Snakes don't bother me to bad, unless they are close. If they are penned up or more then 20 feet from me I am fine ;)

That snake was not happy. It was striking at everything that got with 6 feet of him After Cleo went nuts and started baying. There was a drilling rig near a stock pond and I figured the vibration drove them out. We have rattlers, cotton mouth's, copperhead's and even a few released boas around here.

Funny story that will probably make you laugh.
I was out working on my jeep in the garage. I went to my tool box and had a problem opening one of the drawers. I tried several times and finally got it. I reached in the drawer, focusing on the tool I needed and something moved across my hand. It was a Texas Rat Snake. I almost knocked over my welder trying to get away. It was about 5 feet long and took me about 4 hours to corner it and bag it. They look so much like a rattle snake that it scared the hell out of me. I actually wish I had filmed it. I would have been a winner on Americas funnest home videos, lol.

·
Registered
18,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
even a few released boas around here
oh thats bad on so many levels...and it makes me mad...they are banning the import of burmese pythons and my fear is that boa constrictors might be next. They are the only large snakes I will/do keep.

Funny story that will probably make you laugh.
I was out working on my jeep in the garage. I went to my tool box and had a problem opening one of the drawers. I tried several times and finally got it. I reached in the drawer, focusing on the tool I needed and something moved across my hand. It was a Texas Rat Snake. I almost knocked over my welder trying to get away. It was about 5 feet long and took me about 4 hours to corner it and bag it. They look so much like a rattle snake that it scared the hell out of me. I actually wish I had filmed it. I would have been a winner on Americas funnest home videos, lol.
was it nastymean as all get out?? The captive bred ones leave alot to be desired personality wise. I would have jumped too if I wasnt expecting him

Iam in an urban area...unless your on the outskirts snakes don't really appear much...I have to go hiking or drive to the desert to find them.

I do have a alligator lizard who appeared so often last year I named him Dr. Jones as he needed a name since we actually became quite aquainted...he wanted to move in to the house and I had to keep sending him away.

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
was it nastymean as all get out?? The captive bred ones leave alot to be desired personality wise. I would have jumped too if I wasnt expecting him
He was the meanest snake I have ever seen, Rattlers will usually turn and run, unless you step on them, same with copperheads, but this this turned on me and attempted to strike me.

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
Hahaha my family would faint if they saw this thread!! They are petrified of snakes :p

Full house Crio!!! How many snakes do you have at a time?

·
Registered
22,635 Posts
oh...i miss having snakes. i'll have to dig through my picture box and see if i can rustle up anything! i used to have a bunch of corn snakes, king snakes, a rubber boa, and a gopher snake. my sister just re-homed a red tail boa that we "rescued" off some idiot kid who was clueless about how to take care of himself, much less another living thing...sent her to a good home, experienced herp people.....

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Holy heck Crio, you have 41 snakes in your house. Yep....I just may go into a panic attack in your snake room, lol.

A guy I worked with at the dealership had a huge Burmese python. It was the biggest snake I had ever seen. It's head had to have been almost a foot across and the girth of his body was about 6 to 8 inches in diameter. I believe that he was about 16 feet long and mean as heck. I can deal with the smaller constrictors, and even vipers on occasion, but that one literally scared the heck out of me.

·
Registered
18,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Holy heck Crio, you have 41 snakes in your house. Yep....I just may go into a panic attack in your snake room, lol.

A guy I worked with at the dealership had a huge Burmese python. It was the biggest snake I had ever seen. It's head had to have been almost a foot across and the girth of his body was about 6 to 8 inches in diameter. I believe that he was about 16 feet long and mean as heck. I can deal with the smaller constrictors, and even vipers on occasion, but that one literally scared the heck out of me.
I've worked heavily with Burms thru my job and I can tellyou I have a healthy respect for them...We had a 150lbish female who was 16 feet long also...so same as the animal you saw..ours was *tame* tho... she gave us 70 babies two years in a row that I cared for. Even the tame ones have a massive feeding response and the albino animals will just strike willy nilly because they can't see well (if at all)

They are really dangerous if you don't know what the heck your doing...a ten foot and up sized animal can kill you. In fact just wednesday I almost had my elbow dislocated because we were moving an agressive 11ish ft male to a snake bag and he was having none of it. This same animal had almost popped my shoulder out on a previous occasion...hes a pill.

I will not miss them if they are banned...most of the people who buy them are asshats.

My largest boa is 9.5 feet...but boas are very very different...a burm will bite you and not let go...a boa will bite you...pause...then let you go most of the time...they seem to have more going on upstairs...also pound for pound they are no where near as strong IMO as a same sized python...

probably because burms are eating big prey less often and boas are eating bats and small stuff more often.

So anyway Iam rambling, but I agree...I'd take a viper over and angry burmese any day.

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I only have 1 lol not sure if it's a he or a she. but it's name is Shiloh and he is around 3 years old i believe. and he's a Ball Python. i used to have some really good pictures of him. but i had to recover it and didn't get to save them. = /
so here are some crappy pictures of him. the 3rd picture is of him and my brother. and pictures 5-9 are some old ones i dug up of around when we first got him! he was so tiny compared to now lol

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
thank you! he is an absolute blessing to have around since he is kind of like a puppy. he lets you pet his head and such and doesn't mind one bit. and he loves to be held and petted. and we take him everywhere with us. except on cold wintery days! although sometimes i feel bad feeding him as i used to have rats as a pet. and we feed live.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I currently have two corn-snakes and had them for about 3 years I believe.

This is Nokia, he was named that because he "kinda" has the shape of a cell phone on his head.

And this is Wycca...

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
OMG!! I'll say only one thing...You Americans are crazy!!! :D

I have a friend tho, who is obsessed with snakes and all reptiles and cockroaches...but I try to stay away from his house :D

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Snake people are crazy, not just American snake people. They are all plotting to take over the world. They will create a scale filled new world order. :p
OMG!! I hope not!! Do you think they have some kind of secret community? :p I'll start looking for another planet to live then! :D

1 - 20 of 36 Posts