Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So long story short. My cousin had a bit of a hard time and moved in with my grandparents with his 9 year old Australian Silky Terrier. My grandparents, even my grandfather who has always refused to get have any pets, absolutely fell in love with the little dog. Now my cousin is getting back on his feet but the only housing available doesn't allow dogs. Unfortunately my grandparents apartment doesn't allow them either.

They are leaving for a trip to Denmark for 10 days so it has been decided that Snúlli (sort of translates to snuggles) will stay with us for that time.

*for those who don't know we already have a male neutered yorkshire terrier who is little over a year old.

If all goes well my mum and her husband have said that he has a permanent home with us if he needs it. We already know that he doesn't trigger my step dad's allergies.

Snúlli and Askur have met before and gotten along but that was on Snúlli's territory. Askur has on some occasions slightly RG'd his parents to visiting dogs.

I think I will set up Snúlli's bed and such in my room and have him sleep there. Askur sleeps with my mum and step dad, he is not as protective of me. I could also take the older one in my room and close the door to give him a bit of peace if Askur is being too energetic.

I did take another dog into the apartment today and Askur was just happy and played with him. The dog was lost and loose but with tags and the owner picked him up quickly.

I hope it will all go well, I really hope that Askur doesn't start RGing seriously. Although I hope that my grandparents find a way to keep him because it is so good for them and they are so attatched. :(

He is perfect for them as well. Older, house clean, low energy, small, perfect for my grandma.

·
Registered
711 Posts
So long story short. My cousin had a bit of a hard time and moved in with my grandparents with his 9 year old Australian Silky Terrier. My grandparents, even my grandfather who has always refused to get have any pets, absolutely fell in love with the little dog. Now my cousin is getting back on his feet but the only housing available doesn't allow dogs. Unfortunately my grandparents apartment doesn't allow them either.

They are leaving for a trip to Denmark for 10 days so it has been decided that Snúlli (sort of translates to snuggles) will stay with us for that time.

*for those who don't know we already have a male neutered yorkshire terrier who is little over a year old.

If all goes well my mum and her husband have said that he has a permanent home with us if he needs it. We already know that he doesn't trigger my step dad's allergies.

Snúlli and Askur have met before and gotten along but that was on Snúlli's territory. Askur has on some occasions slightly RG'd his parents to visiting dogs.

I think I will set up Snúlli's bed and such in my room and have him sleep there. Askur sleeps with my mum and step dad, he is not as protective of me. I could also take the older one in my room and close the door to give him a bit of peace if Askur is being too energetic.

I did take another dog into the apartment today and Askur was just happy and played with him. The dog was lost and loose but with tags and the owner picked him up quickly.

I hope it will all go well, I really hope that Askur doesn't start RGing seriously. Although I hope that my grandparents find a way to keep him because it is so good for them and they are so attatched. :(

He is perfect for them as well. Older, house clean, low energy, small, perfect for my grandma.

Just curious , are you keeping Snulli ? He sounds adorable ..

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
he is a sweetheart but he is a bit insecure which is showing in minor dog aggression and resource guarding. We are gonna do what we can so grandma can keep him. For her sake more than his.

If all else fails I think its doable for him to stay with us.

Snulli is the one at the front

Attachments

Reactions: Sabina88 and WJM

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is really difficult to get out of bed for work this morning because snuggles just wants to snuggle. :p

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK so minor dog aggression was a bit of an exaggeration, grumpy and insecure in a new place is a more appropriate description. This is Askur and Snúlli now. :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Im glad they're starting to get a long now :), they're so cute, they look like little twins of each other.

Reactions: spotsonofbun
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.