Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been working with rocky on his reactivity to other dogs, birds & squirrel on leash. So today we on our walk and their was two ladies walking their dogs. The one dog was completely outta control. Jumping, barking, and pulling his owner every which way. The other dog was pulling his owner everywhere and snapping at the other dog. Well right as we catch up to them another dog is coming from the other direction and she is pulling her owner toward the other two dogs. I was like oooo boy here we go! So all three dogs are going crazy and I have tightened up on rockys leash to prepare to walk by them. He amazed me with how well he did!! He didn't try to pull my arm outta its socket. He looked at me three times!! Usually he forgets I even exist and would turn into a jumping, pulling, barking machine! He would look at the dogs for a second then back at me!! I praised him heavily for this and gave him a treat!! He only pulled a little but after his first reward he stopped pulling and was like ooo I get treats yay! I was sooo happy that after we got far enough away from the other dogs that I stopped and have him lots of love!!

Later in the walk a squirrel ran across the path and he did hit the end of the leash so I stopped. The squirrel was just off the path(think it did that on purpose! Lol) so rocky was completely locked on. Then all of a sudden he turns and looks at me, really looks at me! Squirrels are like the one thing I have never been able to get his attention off of off. I have tried so many things and today he looks at me!! I immediately mark it and he comes running over for his treat and once again I just love on him. I have been working so hard on trying to get him to focus on me when their are dogs or squirrels around and today was just soo awesome that I had to brag. No one in my family really understands why I m so happy about this!!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really wish the people who kept telling me to put him in a prong could of seen it! They just couldn't ever understand why I didn't want the instant fix!
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 3 of 3 Posts