Dog Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ask him/her in a high pitched voice do you wanna go the vet or groomers?

when they yawn stick your finger in their mouth

eat something in front of them don't share

when they fall over laugh at them

read a book and don't let them on your knee

ignore them for 5 mins

cuddle your partner

pet another dog

praise another dog

hoover up

forget to buy him/her treats

buy them a toy play with it yourself

forget to take them for a walk

that's all I can think of for now feel free to add more:D

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

ignore them for 5 mins

cuddle your partner

pet another dog

praise another dog

hoover up

*wouldn't let me edit*

tickle his/her paws

when they lick you grab their tongue for a lil bit and let go

·
Banned
1,404 Posts
Gotta ask, why would you choose to annoy your dog?

I have at times used some annoying tactics if my dog is being a bit of a slacker during training and I need to break its minor transgressions but only when the dog knows better.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gotta ask, why would you choose to annoy your dog?

I have at times used some annoying tactics if my dog is being a bit of a slacker during training and I need to break its minor transgressions but only when the dog knows better.
I don't chose to annoy sometime it just happens so I made a list, like the asking him if he want to go the vets , he just tilted his head to one side then gave a lil bark so I took that as a no :)

another time he jump up at my hand because I wiggled it in front of him , he fell over me and mum started laughing and he started barking running round the lounge and started grabbing things off sofa and throwing them:)

so just wanted to ask has any one done or said something to their dog that might have annoyed them , it was just for giggles .

·
Registered
260 Posts

ignore them for 5 mins

cuddle your partner

pet another dog

praise another dog

hoover up

I do all of this. I constantly stick my finger in he mouth when he yawns cause I find the look I get hilarious!���� I grab his tongue to when he licks me because he is a serious locker and that usually gets him to stop. Also earns me a dirty look! Lol
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
83 Posts
Got to admit I have done some of these atleast once mostly just to gage their reaction or by accident but you forgot one...
Blowing in their face or on their ears
I discovered this with my puppy when I tried to blow something of her face to which she responded with her wierd annoyed growl and a bark in my face.

·
Registered
100 Posts
A few days ago, I ask my dog if she wants to go for a walk, she gets excited. I slowly get her leash and collar, she goes insane. Then, I walk to the fridge and sloooooowly fill up a water bottle, then slooowly walk to the front door. By this time, she's basically bouncing off the walls. Then I unlock the front door. Ooops, I forgot my car keys. Gotta go back upstairs.....by the time I've gone back and forth for various forgotten objects, we're finally able to get in the car, and my dog is just glaring at me. It was one of the very few times she has barked at me using her angry voice. :p I don't do that often, just didn't have much energy that day because I had been sick, but I found out I can annoy my dog just by being slow when she's eager to go somewhere.

·
Registered
83 Posts
- sing

At 8 weeks Echo hurtled across the room into my lap and put a paw over my lips the first time she heard me sing. Didn't think I was that bad at it...
Haha that's hilarious mine just join in with me. We all harmonize to the complete wrong tune. XD

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Guilty of sticking my finger in her mouth when she yawns :eek:

I just can`t resist!!

(no worries, I don`t do it all the time, it`s happened like twice)

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
I sometime tickle him between the toes, because I like to see him twitch his toes... it's most of the time I like it when he's relaxed.
"sneaking up" to one of my sisters and trying to startle them has the side effect that he get a little bit protective (i.e. he starts to follow my every move and tries to get my attention and nudging me with his nose), which is a little bit funny sometimes. but it is more do mess with my siblings than with him. XD

·
Registered
165 Posts
I don't do any of these things, great way to ruin your relationship with your dog....
I think this is a little extreme for the minor annoyances described here. My two guys annoy each other all the time. Fred and Pixel will steal toys that the other is playing without any intention of playing with it themselves. They merely carry it across the room, drop it, and then lie down and watch the other have to go retrieve it all the while having a smart-ass look on their face.

I definitely "annoy" my dogs, and usually I wrap up the "annoying" action by giving them lots of cuddles and kisses and rolling around with them. If anything it's a bonding activity. They know they have to be patient with whatever obnoxious thing I do to them (blow on their nose, finger in the mouth, pull their ears/tails, squeeze their paws) and they get affection and attention in return.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think this is a little extreme for the minor annoyances described here.

I definitely "annoy" my dogs, and usually I wrap up the "annoying" action by giving them lots of cuddles and kisses and rolling around with them. If anything it's a bonding activity. They know they have to be patient with whatever obnoxious thing I do to them (blow on their nose, finger in the mouth, pull their ears/tails, squeeze their paws) and they get affection and attention in return.
I do too it was meant to be a bit of fun, my dog knows I wouldn't do anything to harm him I love him too much hes my lil soft lad, I always give him cuddles afterwards too, and i don't think ive ruined our relationship because he always sits by me afterward or trys to get on my knee :)

·
Registered
439 Posts
I'm sure I do a million things that annoy Bandit but the only one I can think of right now is our daily ritual of me cleaning out his eye boogers. They gross me out so badly and he hates it when I wipe them away... It reminds me of when I was little and my mom would lick her finger to clean my face and how annoyed I would be!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I don't do any of these things, great way to ruin your relationship with your dog....
I think this is a little extreme for the minor annoyances described here. My two guys annoy each other all the time. Fred and Pixel will steal toys that the other is playing without any intention of playing with it themselves. They merely carry it across the room, drop it, and then lie down and watch the other have to go retrieve it all the while having a smart-ass look on their face.

You are absolutely right forgetting to by treats is not going to make your dog have you, however if you deprive him of food that would. Poking him and pulling him or pushing him won't make him hate you. Abusing him would. I do many things that could annoy my dog because they react funny but they still love me all the same.

Another one, pretend to throw the ball.

·
Banned
1,222 Posts
I torment mine once in a while, but it's moreso to find out what his reaction would be. If a child were petting him and pulled on his ear or stuck their finger in his mouth, what would he do...

·
Banned
1,404 Posts
Seriously folks, this is supposedly a force free and all positive forum, so don't ya think for a brief second that intentionally annoying a dog flies in the face of this training protocol ?

I pick and choose regarding the methods I use, so I'm not an all positive or force free trainer but certainly use this method when applicable.

I've heard some in here who made comments like " well, how would you feel if someone came up to you and started petting you and putting their hands all over you" and then they suggest it is cool to torment and annoy your dog just for the heck of it. I guess I am just the odd man out in this particular interaction with dogs. I strive for 100% reliability in the dogs I have worked with and all of my interaction with my dogs, zeros in on a predictable response from me based on the dog's conduct, I would never temper that by just annoying the dog because it's amusing and for no real purpose. Anyway, to each their own.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Seriously folks, this is supposedly a force free and all positive forum, so don't ya think for a brief second that intentionally annoying a dog flies in the face of this training protocol ?

I pick and choose regarding the methods I use, so I'm not an all positive or force free trainer but certainly use this method when applicable.

I've heard some in here who made comments like " well, how would you feel if someone came up to you and started petting you and putting their hands all over you" and then they suggest it is cool to torment and annoy your dog just for the heck of it. I guess I am just the odd man out in this particular interaction with dogs. I strive for 100% reliability in the dogs I have worked with and all of my interaction with my dogs, zeros in on a predictable response from me based on the dog's conduct, I would never temper that by just annoying the dog because it's amusing and for no real purpose. Anyway, to each their own.
wow it was just meant as a joke :eek: wasn't saying "everyone go an annoy your dog" an do the things on the list it was started for a giggle because everyone must have done something by accident at sometime or an another that might have annoyed the dog whether you care to admit it or not from kissing the dog when he/she doesn't want to be kissed or fake throwing the ball , like I said it was meant in good fun nobodys a perfect dog owner and we and our pets all have our silly moments but at the end of the day I love my dog an wouldnt do anything to harm him , hes my lil soft lad, he takes it all in his stride an still loves me:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 52 Posts