Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i'm pet sitting my mom's friend's dog and cat and I noticed that the dog had some fleas jumping on her. I went and told her owner and she told me where to find the flea ointment. The box I grabbed is Sentry Pro and I just learned today that Sentry Pro has been hospitalizing pets, and now I'm pretty sure Scooby will be fine since she's used it twice before.
But I was wondering if anyone knew how long it would take for the medicine to start working and if it was okay to give her a bath the day after the ointment and if flea shampoo was okay. (I kinda got mixed up and gave her the flea stuff before the bath)

Oh and if the ointment did wash off could it be okay to put a different type on her or would it be safer to just leave it alone.
She's a 10 year old pit bull, weighs probably over 60 pounds, the ointment is for 40-60 pound dogs

·
Registered
10,646 Posts
From the description on the Sentry you can bathe the dog 24 hours after you apply the treatment.

Given that your friend has already used it on Scooby, and not had any adverse side effects, I'd not be too worried about it. FWIW, there are stories out there about bad reactions to all the flea preventatives. Given that it's been 24 hours since you applied it it shouldn't wash off. https://www.chewy.com/sentry-pro-xft-flea-tick-squeeze-on/dp/119456?utm_source=google-product&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=hg&utm_content=Sentry&utm_term=&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIsLqylJvR1gIVRwaGCh0meQTaEAQYASABEgKBiPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

1 - 2 of 2 Posts