Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girlfriend and I each have small dogs that used to be the best of friends but now turn into raving mad animals at the site of each other. She believes it has to do with an incident with mine. He approached a pitbull and was mauled. Thanks to God he survived but after her dog, Mr. Brown, witnessed it he goes raving mad and tries to attack my Bo on site.
We wish for them to be friends again. Can someone help?
My dog is pomeranian chihuahua mix. Hers is rat terrier and we think chihuahua mix. Both males. Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
If you have the time and money for it, a professional dog trainer would be really useful in this situation. In the meantime, limiting their contact to controlled situations will help keep them calm longer, and providing positive reinforcement for when they need to be together (ie, petting them, giving them treats) will help to teach them that they should be friendly, rather than aggressive. However, I should mention that I am no professional, so I really recommend seeking the advice of someone who can give information individual to you can your dogs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts