Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, a newbie here :)

My friend and me want to organize a dog show in our town. That would be the first one of a kind in our region. We are not experienced in organizing any sort of similar events so a tip or a two would help us a lot.

Do we need insurance and some kind of a license? What type of a venue would suit us best? We have a common friend who works at Tents - RÖDER Zelt- und Veranstaltungsservice GmbH and perhaps this mobile tent/hall would be a good space solution?

I assume we will need judges - do they need to be professionals or we can ask some volunteers to assist us?

Thanks ...

·
Registered
906 Posts
Is this show for purebreds? If you contact your country's kennel club, they may be able to help you out. In Canada and the States, there are some rules about dog shows, set by their respective kennel clubs. It takes from six months to a year to organize a dog show. That's about all I know.

If it's just a random dog show and nobody cares if the dogs are purebred or not, then I really have no idea what you need to do. If purebreds are being shown, however, winning probably won't mean anything if the event isn't approved by your country's kennel club.

·
Super Moderator
8,034 Posts
Agree with everything @Dia said and also your country/state/town will likely have requirements regarding licenses, insurance and vet requirements.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts