Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I got a 9 week old french bulldog puppy a few days ago. He's really adorable but I noticed that he's walleyed, meaning his eyes are showing white like they were turned out a little. Here are 2 photos for reference -- Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Would just like to ask if this condition is permanent, or something that can be fixed by treatment or on its own when he gets older?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
4,614 Posts
That seems...extreme, even for Frenchies. To my knowledge, if any white shows while the dog is looking forward, it is a disqualification in the ring, so I hope the breeder didn't over-charge you.

I believe that if he was born with it, then he will always have it as it is congenital. Did either of his parents display the same type of eyes?

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
It is not something I would worry about. The puppy does show a lot of white in his eyes but it is not going to affect his eyesight, some dogs just do.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can I ask if your puppy's eyes have straightened out? We put a deposit down on a Frenchie puppy when it was 3 weeks old and normal for the eyes to be turned out so much. At 5 weeks, they are looking very bug-eyed and still very wall-eyed. We won't get him until 8 weeks, but I'm concerned about it and wondering if they really do straighten out!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts