Dog Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wondering how many ppl here take their dogs for a walk. If so how many times a day or how long.

I have lots of dogs so they dont all get walked, only the puppies that I am training for showing.

Edited to add, they are only small dogs and there is heaps of room to run around the backyard and they play ball and chasey.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
92 Posts
my dogs are small...two Poms...so I just run them around the yard and the house. And I'll always walk then all around the yard.

Normally once a month I'll take mine out for a walk around the neighboyhood probably once a month weather permitting. Mine has an enlarged heart so I don't want to do too much
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry to hear about his enlarged heart. You would have to take it easy with the poor darling :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
Ive got one old fart and then the pup. They dont go on walks to much very rairly I mostly run around the house with Duke and then he has a huge yard.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
Ours don't get many actual walks as we have 46 acres so they can run and play to their hearts content. The poodle is only nearly 4 months old so can't go on long walks yet, but he gets short stints on the lead for training. My OH takes the old dog with him when he walks most nights plus we go to the beach and the ovals for a run just to get us all out of the house.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good for you STG, thats would be nice and healthy for the baby you are carrying too. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
135 Posts
We live in the middle of nowhere on a dirt road and the dogs all love going for walks down the road. Even our 15-yr-old geezer, Bear. I don't take them for walks as often as I should, but the little dogs get plenty of exercise from a few rousing games of fetch in the house. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
87 Posts
It is wrong to don't take our dogs for walk very offen, neither if we have yard.
With the walk the dog meet other dogs, sounds, people that things are good for his Socialization.

I take my dog for a walk every day on the afternoun sure and now I start to go for a walk and in the mornings...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
Walk it off...

Poutine has a fair sized yard for a Papillon; I basically made a big C ring around the house with 150 feet of fence. I am not in the best of conditions to go running around, but he loves to play fetch, so a tennis ball will keep him pretty occupied within his confines. It is only a 2 foot high fence, as an adult he will be able to jump it, but the idea is to show him where we allow him to be, Papillons are generally pups that stick right next to you.
My wife takes him out on a leash mostly so he gets used to where to be on it. When I go out trap or skeet shooting, he is at my feet 90% of the time, the other 10% he runs to greet now people there. With 113 acres of space at the Sportsman’s club, he would have plenty of room to run around, but never leaves my side unless he is with some one I know.
Being it is a private fenced in club the people there are mainly people who know me and now Poutine…
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top